Grass

Hi there i have a problem with patches of grass dying - it really looks like the roots are dead?? I can remember a similar situation at home and there appeared to be a Grub of some sort, which was eradicated by tipping the water (soapy) from the washing machine on to the dead areas. Any suggestions welcome.

Assume you have tried the soapy water so try throwing some Nitrogen on it to strengthen the root structure. I think the number is 16-00-00.

Be prepared for it to become nice and green and have to cut it a lot though.

Hi there i have a problem with patches of grass dying - it really looks like the roots are dead?? I can remember a similar situation at home and there appeared to be a Grub of some sort, which was eradicated by tipping the water (soapy) from the washing machine on to the dead areas. Any suggestions welcome.

had the same problem several months ago. soapy water does not kill the little bastards but just makes them visible coming out from there hiding. what you need is a broadband insecticide spray. works miracles, my grass came back within a week or two.

Naam, can you give me any details on the insecticide? I have the same bleeding grubs and cannot get rid of them.

gardener showed driver what the bastards look like, driver went to some shop and bought some liquid insecticide to be diluted and sprayed on the lawn. will look in the garden shed whether i can find the container. but don't hold your breath as description most probably in thai :o

lucky you Hanno. just checked. insecticide is "Bayer Sevin®" which kills a multitude of insects. but i was wrong cncerning liquid. it comes in form of a fine poweder which can be either diluted and then sprayed or it is sprinkled on the lawn and then watered down slowly.

lucky you Hanno. just checked. insecticide is "Bayer Sevin®" which kills a multitude of insects. but i was wrong cncerning liquid. it comes in form of a fine poweder which can be either diluted and then sprayed or it is sprinkled on the lawn and then watered down slowly.

Sounds like what I need, does anybody know where I can buy in Pattaya?

Still trying to locate up here in Khon Kaen - Narm thanks for the tip.

Hi Mijan

Do you have a little bitch :o I.E. dogs peeing on the lawn does create what look like dead patches. However they always seem to recover. (The grass that is not the dogs)

TBWG :D