Where To Buy The Bangkok Post In Ubon

desertcam

All,

Where can I buy the Bangkok Post in Ubon??? I have had a good look around, and have been unsucsessful so far. The only shop I did find that sold it was right in the middle of town but it was mid morning and she had sold out.

If anyone knows a shop, the closer to Warin Chamrap the better.

Cheers,

Desertcam

All,

Where can I buy the Bangkok Post in Ubon??? I have had a good look around, and have been unsucsessful so far. The only shop I did find that sold it was right in the middle of town but it was mid morning and she had sold out.

Cheers,

Desertcam

Suggest you find the largest Thai newspaper shop in Warin and ask them to take the Bangkok Post, perhaps just one copy a day, and save it for you. I've found that this works, usually.... Might have to pay upfront, tho.

The shop can go to the "master" subscriber in Ubon for the order.

Mac

If you live here in Ubon and want the Bangkok Post everyday you can get it delivered to your house. It cost around 700TB per month. Keep an eye out for the delivery person in your neighborhood who should be riding a motorcycle with saddle bags full of newspapers. That is the best way to guarantee you will get it daily.

You might check around the market or the train station for a newstand that carries the post.

Hi there for a number of years now I have bought my Bangkok Post from the news paper shop oppositthe Ezzy vidio shop in Warin Chamrap main street that takes you up to the new Big C they keep one for me each day 30 Baht monday to saturday and 40 Baht on sundays.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Ubon" train station - actually in Warin - almost always has the Post, as well as the Nation. There is also a bookstore/school supply/magazine store on the main drag heading south in Warin (Kantharalak is the name of the road, I think), near the 7-11 and AM/PM that carries the Post for sure.

Since we only visit a couple weeks per year/two, it never occurred to me to have home delivery, though that does sound convenient.

On the other hand, whenever we're there, I'm always looking for an excuse to escape the compound and sniff around, and heading out for a paper (and a bag or two of iced coffee) always does the trick.

• 2 months later...
If you live here in Ubon and want the Bangkok Post everyday you can get it delivered to your house. It cost around 700TB per month. Keep an eye out for the delivery person in your neighborhood who should be riding a motorcycle with saddle bags full of newspapers. That is the best way to guarantee you will get it daily.

You might check around the market or the train station for a newstand that carries the post.

I am in Ubon now and want to organise this so found a delivery person this morning and he said the price is what ever the cover price is. Just wondering how you managed to get it for 700 baht a month which is around 23 baht a day?

• 5 weeks later...
All,

Cheers,

Desertcam

Well in Udon Thani I just went to the nearest shop selling newspapers and ordered the Bangkok Post. They deliver, free of charge, to my gate every day and I pay monthly. Comes around 2 in the afternoon.

Sorry, slight thread drift - but does anyone know of an outlet in Ubon that carries news magazines such as Time, The Economist etc?

In my 8 years living in Ubon I have never seen any English language magazines. If you live here you might be able to subscribe to the ones you want. Asia Books used to have magazine subscriptions through their website but I believe it was discontinued.

You might be able to order through magazine.com or amazon but in Ubon I think it is mission impossible. They used to sell a limited selection of English language novels in B2S on the ground floor of Robinsons but the last few times I was in there I found none on the shelves. Seems there isn't a big enough market here. The locals don't seem interested and not enough expats who were buying. They seem to have gone the way of English language soundtrack movies here.

Sorry, slight thread drift - but does anyone know of an outlet in Ubon that carries news magazines such as Time, The Economist etc?

In my 8 years living in Ubon I have never seen any English language magazines. If you live here you might be able to subscribe to the ones you want. Asia Books used to have magazine subscriptions through their website but I believe it was discontinued.

You might be able to order through magazine.com or amazon but in Ubon I think it is mission impossible. They used to sell a limited selection of English language novels in B2S on the ground floor of Robinsons but the last few times I was in there I found none on the shelves. Seems there isn't a big enough market here. The locals don't seem interested and not enough expats who were buying. They seem to have gone the way of English language soundtrack movies here.

I thought it might be a bit of a long shot, but wondered if any locals had better information than me. I only stay in the area three times a year for a week or so, and hadn't been able to sniff anything out so far.

I did try an Economist subscription up here in Chiang Mai once but cancelled it pretty quickly. I was finding that it was taking over a week to arrive by post, whereas I can get hold of it in the malls about three days after publication. Guess I'll have to do without when I'm on my Isaan jaunts.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by KhunDave