Bangkok Governor Seeks To Annul Purchase Of Fire Vehicles

george

Bangkok governor seeks to annul purchase of fire vehicles

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra is now seeking to annul the Bt6.68billion purchase of fire vehicles from an Austrian supplier.

On Monday, he has already signed a letter urging the Office of Attorney General (OAG) to ask the Civil Court to void the purchase contract or at least prevent the payment of the next instalment temporarily via an injunction.

Sukhumbhand has based his decision on the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) conclusion that the purchase is mired in corruption.

"Looking into the ruling, I believe there is no other choice but to bring this case to the court," Sukhumbhand said Tuesday.

He also announced that he was ready to accept the consequences of his action.

"I have to do this even though I may end up being bankrupt," he said, "I can't just stay on and do nothing".

Sukhumbhand's predecessor, Apirak Kosayodhin, resigned shortly after being re-elected as Bangkok governor because NACC recommended legal action against him for his role in the fire-vehicle scandal.

-- The Nation 2009-02-03

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra is now seeking to annul the Bt6.68billion purchase of fire vehicles from an Austrian supplier.

On Monday, he has already signed a letter urging the Office of Attorney General (OAG) to ask the Civil Court to void the purchase contract or at least prevent the payment of the next instalment temporarily via an injunction.

Sukhumbhand has based his decision on the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) conclusion that the purchase is mired in corruption.

"Looking into the ruling, I believe there is no other choice but to bring this case to the court," Sukhumbhand said Tuesday.

"I have to do this even though I may end up being bankrupt," he said, "I can't just stay on and do nothing".

Sukhumbhand's predecessor, Apirak Kosayodhin, resigned shortly after being re-elected as Bangkok governor because NACC recommended legal action against him for his role in the fire-vehicle scandal.

-- The Nation 2009-02-03

Maybe, just maybe, it might be a better idea to try to get a better price.

Guess that will be cheaper in the long run.

-- The Nation 2009-02-03

Maybe, just maybe, it might be a better idea to try to get a better price.

Guess that will be cheaper in the long run.

there was 50 % of the total in corruption. So better price would be at least only paying the half. That would be for the company on the other hand that they give the trucks complete for free. So I don't see much space on that.

Interesting would be to pay full only if the company gives all the details about the deal. but that won't work, too I think.