B37m To Tackle Traffic Near Heroines' Monument

steelepulse

I was reading the online gazette headlines and saw the above.  Funny I didn't see any mention of flyovers or  underpasses ( maybe not good due to flooding problems) just widening the road and making it look nicer.  Will this really help the traffic flow that much?  I'd dare say it won't help much at all.

Instead of all the half-assed projects that get approved, it would be nice to see something where the work only has to be done once to solve the traffic congestion problem for the near foreseeable future.  Ahhh, wishful thinking................ 

i wonder how much of that 37 million will actually go towards the road

My wife read a recent Bangkok publication where it was spent on the project. That's an astonishing 99.62 Baht lost in gov study, committees, overhead, & corruption.

Now we know why the new airport is not truely finished and runways cracking already....

Edited by LivinginKata

The traffic problems in that area could easily be solved by teaching Thais how how to use roundabouts.

Once your vehicle is on the roundabout, you do not stop to let traffic enter the roundabout. We are not French!! You have right of way and you exercise it.

Perhaps some on-the-spot fines for vehicles (especially trucks) who ignore this rule might help

Simon

i wonder how much of that 37 million will actually go towards the road

My wife read a recent Bangkok publication where it was spent on the project. That's an astonishing 99.62 Baht lost in gov study, committees, overhead, & corruption.

Now we know why the new airport is not truely finished and runways cracking already....

Sorry, half the sentence seemed top get lost in my edit. I was trying to say that only 38 satangs are actually spend out of a budgeted 100 baht, so 99.62 baht goes on studies, committes, corruption, etc

The traffic problems in that area could easily be solved by teaching Thais how how to use roundabouts.

Spot on Simon.

You could the solve the problem for a few less baht by taking all the bollards away and let the traffic flow normally, instead of the dangerous system of all traffic going straight on being filtered into one lane.

Spot on Simon.

You could the solve the problem for a few less baht by taking all the bollards away and let the traffic flow normally, instead of the dangerous system of all traffic going straight on being filtered into one lane.

A friend of mine died on her motorbike in the single lane filter system, stupid, no warnings and the out of town drivers, well outsde lane and no where to go, Traffic Police, really!!! :o

Spot on Simon.

I have used that Roundabout over 1000 Times, and every single time i have used it, i have never seen the Thais either side of me understand what land to use, thus they cut across, even worst are the motorbikes and trucks that FAIL to stop at the roundabout and just plough through and take no notice of the out coming traffic WHICH HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY

but we all know proper education on how to drive a car/bike/van/lorry will never happen