Good Place To Take The Kids On Saturday

peregrine8

Hello

I am looking for a good place to take my kids on Saturday that does not cost a lot of money. We finally got our car today now I do not know where to go.

Thanks Peregrine8

Nearest beach ? Usually free....

Hello

I am looking for a good place to take my kids on Saturday that does not cost a lot of money. We finally got our car today now I do not know where to go.

Thanks Peregrine8

Nearest beach ? Usually free....

All I have is a Bangkok map. I am in the Sukhumvit area. Where would the nearest beach be? I heard near the airport is a place you can take a ferry to some little Islands. Is this true?

Thanks Peregrine8

All I have is a Bangkok map. I am in the Sukhumvit area. Where would the nearest beach be? I heard near the airport is a place you can take a ferry to some little Islands. Is this true?

Thanks Peregrine8

Sounds like you might be talking about Ko Kret. You can find a nice description on Wiki Travel. Not sure that it's anything special for the kids, but it is nice and relaxed, fun to walk around the island and see the Mon culture. I guess I would say it's a nice local adventure. It's basically across from Nondhaburi.

Edited by soundman
Fixed formating.

Thanks Peregrine8

Jeez... Try this.... LMGTFY

I assume you know how to drive your car ?

The Mall Bangkapi, 3522 Ladprao Rd., Klongjan, Bangkapi

Bangkok 10240

Has a water park on the roof, decent cinema and rides and acrades. Swimming is very cheap - aquazumes, slides, rapids, etc. OK for little kids too as there is a separate pool for the kiddies. Been a while since I went though, so may have changed/closed (don't know), so check it out first.

Also Ancient City is good - you can hire a bike and the kids can climb on the scaled building etc (not the Buddhas though!) - also cheap, but not for little kids.

Various parks and beaches that are free.

From my son's bookmarks! :o

Children's Discovery Museum:

Play areas, toys and fun activities in an educational environment. Nature, environment and technology themes. Open Tuesday Friday 09:00-17:00 and weekends 10:00-18:00. Northern edge of Chatuchak Market. Queen Sirikit Park. Kamphaengpetch Rd. Mo Chit BTS.

Tel: 02 615 7333

Combat Zone:

Paintball for children and adults from 7 years old. Open from 10:00-02:00. Close to the expressway tolls Sukhumvit Soi 62, Bangkok 10110.

Tel: 02 331 2863

Dolphin Bay Resort:

Well known family friendly resort hotel, South of Hua Hin and three hours drive from Bangkok. Lots of activities for children both in the resort and nearby.

Tel: 03 255 9333 Fax: 03 255 9361

Dream World:

Theme park with fantasy land, adventure land and dream garden. Rides, roller coaster and shows. Open every day. Ten minutes drive north of Don Muang airport. 62 Moo.1 Rangsit-Nakornnayok Rd, Km.7 Thanyaburi, Patumthani.

Tel: 02 533 1152

Dusit Zoo:

Over 1,500 animals including elephants, hipos, lions, tigers, rhinoceros and gibbons. Situated around a lake with paddleboats and restuarant. Open daily from 08:00-18:00. 71 Rama V Road, Dusit, Bangkok 10300.

Tel: 02 282 7111-3

Farm Chokchai:

Experience farm life by seeing experiences such as milking cows, making fresh ice cream, seeing live cowboy shows and feeding animals. Camp site available. Reservations necessary at weekends. Km 159-160 Moo2 Friendship Highway, Nakhon Ratchasima 30130.

Tel: 04 432 8485 Fax: 04 432 8484

Hua Hin Fishing Lodge:

Two fishing ponds each stocked with 23 different types of fish. Family facilities including BBQ, swimming pool, play area, mini golf, sauna and tennis. Day fishing between 09:00-18:00 at Hin Lek Fai, just off the Pala-U Road.

Tel: 089 837 4079

Khao Kheow Camping Resort & Safari:

Located in the Khao Kheaw National Park with many animals and plants. Three styles of tents available from basic to luxurious with own jacuzzi. Night safari, BBQ, mountain biking and quad bikes. 235 Moo 7 Bangpra Sriracha, Chonburi 20110.

Tel: 02 730 0935

Khao Kheow Open Zoo:

300 hundred species and 8,000 animals in an open zoo. Children's zoo, night safari, wild cats park and elephant trekking. Located 50 km from Pattaya in Chon Buri Province. 235 Moo 7, Tumbom Bang Phra, Umphur Sri Racha, Chon Buri.

Tel: 03 829 8188

National Science Museum:

Involves individuals in the excitement of science and technology using interactive exhibits and everyday examples. Tuesday to Thursday 09:30-16:30. Friday to Sunday 09:30-17:00. Technoplis, Klong 5, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120.

Tel: 02 577 9999 ext. 1833 Fax: 02 577 9900

Pattaya Fishing:

Deep sea, freshwater and spearfishing trips. Also fun fishing trips for all the family, including snorkeling and lunch. Gear and tackle shop. SEAduction Dive Center, Bali Hai Pier, 551/2 Moo 10, Tambon Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20260.

Tel: 038 710 029 Fax: 038 416 404

Safari World:

Made up of a safari park and a marine park. Highlights include a wildlife feeding show, white tiger show, jungle cruise river ride and adventure island. Open daily from 09:00-17:00. Km 9, Ram Intra Road, Minburi.

Tel: 02 518 1000

Siam Ocean World:

Seven different zones including deep reef, living ocean, rocky shore, open ocean, penguin, shark feeding and glass bottom boat trips. Open daily 09:00-22:00. Near Siam BTS station. B1-B2 Floor, Siam Paragon, 991 Rama 1 Road, Pathum Wan, 10330.

Tel: 02 687 2000 Fax: 02 687 2001

Siam Park:

Water park and theme park with water slides, swimming pools, a mini zoo, botanical gardens and roller-coasters. Open every day from 10:00-18:00 in the east of Bangkok at 101 Thanon Sukhapiban 2.

Tel: 02 919 7200

Sub-Zero Ice Skate Club:

Ice skate ring; learn to skate or play ice hockey. Ice Karaoke, parties catered for and a spin DJ. Shop selling gear and accessories. Open daily from 10:00-24:00. Cultural Centre MRT. Esplanade Cineplex. 4th Floor, Ratchadaphisek Road, Din Daeng 10400.

Tel: 02 644 2000

BTW, my sons had arranged with their friends,going for Rama 9 garden (Suan-luang?! :o ) tomorrow, I had been there couple of years ago,and I'm sure it is still wonderful and enjoyable for your kids to visit it too.

Space and Astronomy Museum and Exhibits..Next to Ekkamai Bus Station/Ekkamai BTS...Leave the car at home.

Also Rot Fai Park, next to Children's Discovery Centre, mentioned previously, an old golf course, now a place to hire bicycles..and pa can watch aspiring models being photographed..car is no-no

Go to Morchit BTS MRT

Edited by desertrat