Names For Thai Dogs

lek, chok di, gaan (multi coloured), puii, lai (spotted), dam, daeng, our israeli dogs seem to like thair thai names, as well as the goats: tukada (doll), dok mai, joi (skinny), we also name our animals after some of the top management (specifically the turtles).... some managers even got upset when a new animal was born and it didnt get named after them!! had a baboon called mali;

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tukada (doll),

Sounds like a good name to me. I still like "long daeng" but my wife says no, she is set on "thong chompunut","thong yod" etc.

I guess she can call her thong daeng and I can call her "long".

I have known many girls named Tukta, every single one has been beautiful, or certainlt not ugly.

Anyone ever met a not beautiful tukta?

maabaa :o

tukada (doll),

Sounds like a good name to me. I still like "long daeng" but my wife says no, she is set on "thong chompunut","thong yod" etc.

I guess she can call her thong daeng and I can call her "long".

I have known many girls named Tukta, every single one has been beautiful, or certainlt not ugly.

tukada (doll),

Finished with a girl named Tukata about 6 months ago. Good looking despite having two thumbs on one hand, but I think she gave herself the nickname because she liked dolls. Her condo contained about 50 stuffed dolls and teddy bears of various sizes. :o

Most of the dogs in my extended in-law family are named after random brands you'd find in the 7-eleven. So they're all called something like Pepsi, Foremost, Pocky, Yakult, Sponsor, Twisty, Nestle, Ferrero and so on.

Personally I get a lot of enjoyment out of giving the proper-breed dogs a common Thai name (ee daeng, ai lueang) but the bastard soi-dogs fancy English names. (Nong "Ivory" for the white one, "Khun Cinderella" for the lazy one, etc. Confuses the crap out of most Thai folks. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

depends where you found the dog... or did you buy it?

It was given to us by a neighbour. A bitch :o

The dog that is.

Why would anyone want to buy a dog? I had a pedigree once - spaniel. Died when he was 4, nothing but vets fees, especially the ears. Pedigrees are too highly or purely bred or whatever it is. i am not an expert.

Right, I'd never pay money for a dog. And especially not get one at just any pet-store and *especially* not at Chatuchak. Overthere they'd sell you a squirrel if they thought they could get away with it.

That said, there's a fair number of pedigree dogs in my extended family, however they were all 'leftovers' or otherwise free. Also if mine has puppies (###### cutest, friendliest and smiliest Golden Retriever to ever walk the Earth) I'd also give them away free.

Cheers,

Chanchao

You can take small dogs on the train. The BTS and Metro you can't, but I have seen many on the BTS. They turn a blind eye if the dog is cute.

Same as eating, you can't, but many do. On my way to Mor Chit recently, I took out a sandwich and had a bite, some middle aged farang woman gave me a look as if I'd just pissed in the corner of the carriage. This is Thailand for Christ's sake!

Anything goes. I also saw a group of Germans stop there conversation and all stare rudely at a young woman whose telephone rang. What is that all about? In germany, are you not allowed to let your phone ring on public transport?

As for the dog, only called "pupy dog" now, my daughter's contribution.

I thought of Ultradog, pronounced, Oontradog.

Chanchao, good advice, never buy anything that moves from JJ market. This goes for fish too. Very often they don't move a day or so after.

Igotworms, do you really give cockroaches names? Find something to occupy your time!

What is that all about? In germany, are you not allowed to let your phone ring on public transport?

Mate, in Germany, you cannot flush the dunny after 2300, no farting before 0800, plus a host of other crazy laws. """

Yeah Udon, I thought as much. Not quite like Thailand, eh.

Igotworms, do you really give cockroaches names? Find something to occupy your time!

I gots lots of time on me hands.

Jeez how did I forget, I call the biggest one Bitey.

Igot,

you'd run outta names in SYD at present, we have them in plague proportions rt now.

Even in the bloody garden, and I've never seen that before.

Cocky traps are everywhere. :o

Edited by udon

• 9 months later...

i may be wrong, but if your dog is black and female, you can call it ma-dam(thai fpr black dog, or is it white dog?)

our other dog was called capone for the first 3 months (by me), then i realized i mispronounced it, it was capote (thai for corn) actually. still i thought capone was a good name for a dog.

3 dogs named canun(english-jackfruit), capote (corn) new one named kai (rice, girlfriend named anung(grape.)

why not call him just "Dog"

I had a Cat i just called "Kat"  oeps sorry Kat  :D

Oddly enough, many moons ago i had a cat I called "Dog". It got quite tame and housetrained until it got snaffled by a neighbour's dog while I was away one week. This confirmed my conviction that it's a dog eat dog world, and it's not a dog's life if you're a cat. :o