Names For Thai Dogs

One of my dogs is nameless. I am trying to think of a good name before my wife gives it one I don't like like my older dog's name, "gaw gae".

Anyone got ideas? Any witty one?

A play on Thai words maybe.

I thought about "long daeng"! which rhymes with "thong daeng" His Majesty's famous hound. "Long daeng" is what happens when you come off drugs or alcohol. Maybe my warped sense of humour, but I thought it might be funny shouting this down the soi.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my dogs is nameless. I am trying to think of a good name before my wife gives it one I don't like like my older dog's name, "gaw gae".

I thought about "long daeng"! which rhymes with "thong daeng" His Majesty's famous hound. "Long daeng" is what happens when you come off drugs or alcohol. Maybe my warped sense of humour, but I thought it might be funny shouting this down the soi.

:o Thai-Dye :D

There was a thread similar to this a few months ago. I suggested the name 'Yuu'.

I can imagine everyone turning their heads every time you call your dog. :D

Also, it could lead to some humourous conversations.

Neeranam. Did 'Yuu' just make poo-poo on the kitchen floor?

Wife. Me? I go toilet same always.

Neeranam. No! Not You. Yuu? :o

Or.

Neeranam. Did 'Yuu' lick his <deleted> again today?

Wife. Why you talk same this? I want divorce with you, now! :D

Would that be funny or what? :D

How about "ma nee", "this dog".

I would have to shout "ma nee ma nee". "come here this dog"

maybe a compromise between Thai and English - "dogma"

Except the meaning is 'come here, this dog (that's here)' :D It wouldn't be 'nii' if it wasn't already there close by... Maybe "maa nii, maa nan/noon" would confuse the dog less ? :D:o

Except the meaning is 'come here, this dog (that's here)' :D It wouldn't be 'nii' if it wasn't already there close by... Maybe "maa nii, maa nan/noon" would confuse the dog less ? :D:D

More confusing if the dog doesn't understand Thai. It might be a German Shepard. In which case he'd have to speak to it in Duetsch. :o

Except the meaning is 'come here, this dog (that's here)' :D It wouldn't be 'nii' if it wasn't already there close by... Maybe "maa nii, maa nan/noon" would confuse the dog less ? :D:D

More confusing if the dog doesn't understand Thai. It might be a German Shepard. In which case he'd have to speak to it in Duetsch. :o

What...ma nii von schvine? :D

There was a thread similar to this a few months ago. I suggested the name 'Yuu'.

I can imagine everyone turning their heads every time you call your dog.

Also, it could lead to some humourous conversations.

Neeranam. Did 'Yuu' just make poo-poo on the kitchen floor?

Neeranam. No! Not You. Yuu?

Or.

Wife. Why you talk same this? I want divorce with you, now!

Would that be funny or what?

Ha Ha , Love it!

QUOTE(Gazza @ 2005-01-04 16:19:58)

QUOTE(Ajarn @ 2005-01-04 15:38:06)

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-01-04 15:12:36)

Except the meaning is 'come here, this dog (that's here)' It wouldn't be 'nii' if it wasn't already there close by... Maybe "maa nii, maa nan/noon" would confuse the dog less ?

Sorry quotes are not working

Being in Isaarn, it would be "ma POON/ma nee" , you are right it would confuse the dog, certainly confusing me, Ajarn.

Edited by Neeranam

"""Neeranam. Did 'Yuu' just make poo-poo on the kitchen floor?

Neeranam. No! Not You. Yuu?

Or.

Wife. Why you talk same this? I want divorce with you, now! """"""""

What about "ai" , ha ha. lol

or "mee".

I can't imagine my my wife shouting to the neighbours "have you seen mee" - "hen mee mai?" which some you will know is pretty vulgar!!!!!!

I don't phoud or koh chai enough Thai to be as creative as some of you, but I love the Thai word for bitter melon. It's pronounced fuk. That could make things interesting. You would have to call out <deleted> - uk, <deleted> - uk. I like this thread, it's good for a laugh. :o

One of my dogs is nameless. I am trying to think of a good name before my wife gives it one...Anyone got ideas? Any witty one?
Call it "Nameless". :o
but I thought it might be funny shouting this down the soi.

How about calling your dog.."Ladies and Gentlemen"? :D

Snowleopard.

One of my dogs is nameless. I am trying to think of a good name before my wife gives it one...Anyone got ideas? Any witty one?
Call it "Nameless". :o
but I thought it might be funny shouting this down the soi.

How about calling your dog.."Ladies and Gentlemen"? :D

Snowleopard.

How about "Copyandpaste" Snow :D

I don't phoud or koh chai enough Thai to be as creative as some of you, but I love the Thai word for bitter melon. It's pronounced fuk. That could make things interesting. You would have to call out <deleted> - uk, <deleted> - uk. I like this thread, it's good for a laugh. 

I am having a good laugh too Natalie, are you sure that is what "fuk " is called in English? Bitter melon, isin't that what you have with gin. I had "5 changs" a "bottle of sang thip" and a "gin and fuk". Or is that bitter lemon, not sure about ladies drinks :o