Bangkok "traffic-office" Is Where ?

nolifer

Hi everyone, been looking around here regarding where in bangkok i can get a new tax/insurance-sticker, the one you need to pay every year for...

Where in bangkok is it ? i remember someone sayong close to moChit....

help me guys :o

//thanks in advance

Hi everyone, been looking around here regarding where in bangkok i can get a new tax/insurance-sticker, the one you need to pay every year for...

Where in bangkok is it ? i remember someone sayong close to moChit....

help me guys :o

//thanks in advance

Hi

The place you are looking for is near Mor Chit Station opposite side from CC market it is a big place deals with driving licences car tax etc etc, get there early and if you can speak Thai that will help if you cannot then perhaps try to take someone with you who can. If you have an agent who does your comprehesive insurance they can get the compulsory sticker for you.

Regards

HH

depens on where you live for the registration, theres a place on prakanong(lower sukhumvit)...but i think you may be able to get it done at a post office...regarding insuradnce, any insurance company can provide you with the 'po la bo' sticker...

before getting the registration , you have to get the bike inspected at a certified inspection station...unless it i has been 2 years since last registration, then no need...i know this is accurate for cars, but not sure about bikes.

depens on where you live for the registration, theres a place on prakanong(lower sukhumvit)...but i think you may be able to get it done at a post office...regarding insuradnce, any insurance company can provide you with the 'po la bo' sticker...

before getting the registration , you have to get the bike inspected at a certified inspection station...unless it i has been 2 years since last registration, then no need...i know this is accurate for cars, but not sure about bikes.

Indeed - have to get the bike inspected first - there's such an 'inspection outfit ' across from sukhumvit 60

The bike is already registered in my name, but i need to pay tax and the incurance? every year , right ?

It is registered in bkk but i use it in pattaya :o

Never had to get the inspection done for my bike.

Just the etching bs and show up the local amphur / registration office.

Did this last month in Sukhumvit DLT office.

1. Inspection if your bike is more than 5 years old was required. Roughly opposite Soi 101 is small garage that will do the inspection papers for official 60 baht price. Look for the official blue and yellow logo.

2. Purchase insurance before hand or purchase from DLT office 2nd floor. There is two companies selling there. Price for a year is around 650 or so.

3. Pay road tax at DLT office 2nd floor (prepare to wait 1 hr or more as it is very busy) or then just use their drive in lanes outside. Looks kind of tollway booths and for me it took only 15 mins waiting. So much faster. Tax for bikes over 150cc is 100 baht per year. small fine applies if you are late. I paid 7 baht extra for being 6 months late.

All in all you can do it in less than 1 hour not counting on travel time to the area...

Edit: forgot to add that if your bike is less than 5 years old (inspection not needed) and you are on time. This can be done in post office or online. They have thai language web service up and running...

Edited by MJo

Never had to get the inspection done for my bike.

Just the etching bs and show up the local amphur / registration office.

Down our way you can renew tax visa agents (they do the etching and dont take the bike) but to register a bike is a very difficult inspection in the DMV office by an extremely unfriendly and strict office. Its getting thats theres lots of book legal bikes unable to change names now as they have been even mildly modified.