Favourite Place In The Gulf ?

ghostface

Hehe, I mean east coast of course

Hey, I will be spending some time in the Gulf area in February. I guess I will go to Pattaya first and check out some islands from there. Planning to cross to Cambodia after a while.

Just trying to get a general idea of what islands are worth checking out.

What are some of your favourite spots in the Gulf of Thailand ?

Also, do you believe tourists will be swarming to this area because of what happened in the south ? I would hate to have to book anything in advance.

Thanks, :o

Edited by ghostface

Febuary should be OK as hopefully things would have sorted themselves out in the South but it may be wise to book in advance.

After Pattaya the most popular places along the Eastern Seaboard are Ko Samet, and Ko Chang both of which are well worth a visit. Avoid weekends and Holidays on Samet or book in advance.

If you have time as well the coast between Rayong and Chanthaburi has some very nice quiet spots worth a day. Both Rayong and Chanthaburi are pretty nice towns worth a look as well.

:o

Thank you professor.

Anyone got more info about islands ?

Although Koh Chan is quite nice, most people forget about Koh Samet.

It is closer to Pattaya (about 95km), with plenty of possibilities to get there from

Pattaya, has still beautiful beaches and absolutely clear water, excellent (fresh!!) seafood at reasonable prices, and even, if you are looking for it, "nightlife" as in Pattaya (Phuket, Samui,...) - not as big, but ok.

Best way to go, book your transfer at any travel office in Pattaya, and - depending on how adventurous you are, with or without accomodation. Cheapest way to the island is with the ferry (50 oneway), some times you will have to wait, until the boat is full ( min 10 pax), speedboat will cost you 1200 oneway.

In february you will find plenty rooms, at any pricing, from modest to comfortabel,

average 400 to 2000 per night.