Need To Return Home Urgently - What To Do About Visas?

My parents are both extremely ill at the moment and I need to return to Australia urgently.

1. I currently have a non-immigrant B which expires early next month but I will not be returning to work for this sponsor. Can I preserve the time remaining on my existing visa for later return?

2. If possible to do this how long can this remain active for as I don't know how long I will be back in Australia?

2. If I can preserve the time remaining on my non-immigrant B can I apply for a double entry tourist visa while in Australia and return using the left over time on my non-immig B and then activate the tourist visa when the non-immigrant B expires? – So as not to have to do a visa run but just a border crossing for a tourist visa a couple of weeks after returning?

Thanks

John

You non imm B has validity date on it. So if you enter before that date you get 90 days stamp. You are not able to "extend" the validity of the existing visa so if you arrive back after the visa has expired you need new Tourist visa or can enter with 30 day stamp from the airport.

1. Do you have a visa or an extension of stay?

If extension of stay it will be gone when you leave and also when your employer notifies the labor department you are no longer working.

Visa You say expires is it the visa or your permit to stay that expires. If you have a multiple entry visa it will still be valid until the use by date.

2. Answered in one.

3. That depends on your answer to one.

You cam get a 3 entry tourist visa in Australia. Or a multiple entry O from the Perth consulate.

Thanks. My visa states entry before Feb 28. Which I did. It is only a 3mth single entry. Can it be broken and reactivated though?

No, rather at the end of the 90 days it offered nothing can be done, it will be finished. (You could get a re-entry permit but that doesn't save the days for you that you are out of the country, it will still expire on the same day)

Thanks very much. That clarifies it.

I need to get a double entry tourist visa while back in Australia.

Thanks again

Why not a 3 entry that would give you almost 9 months without getting a new visa.

Or the non O to visit friends from Perth that would give you almost 15 months.

Thanks very much. That clarifies it.

I need to get a double entry tourist visa while back in Australia.

Thanks again

Why not a 3 entry that would give you almost 9 months without getting a new visa.

Or the non O to visit friends from Perth that would give you almost 15 months.

The Non O looks the best bet if you can get it. Give them a ring or send an E Mail. http://www.thai-info.net/info/thaiembassyabroad.htm

Thanks very much. What is the requirement and what is required to obtain the non-O ? Cost? Do you think they would process a mailed application from Melbourne - where there is a consulate?

The cost is A$ 225. The reason that Perth has been suggested is because they are the most liberal in Australia when it comes to interperating the rules according to Aussie members. You need to put on the form "to visit freinds and family"

Why don't you get in touch with them and ask.