Recommendation For Flight Bkk Cnx

laphroaig

Hi there

I am looking to fly form Bkk to CNX. There seem to be about four options for carriers. There are price differences but I wonder also if there are other hidden differences in safety, reputation etc.

I see Thai Airlines, Air Asia, Nok Air and another one but I forgot now.

Anyone got any advice on the best priced/reputable airline for the route?

Thanks heaps

T

Hi there

I am looking to fly form Bkk to CNX. There seem to be about four options for carriers. There are price differences but I wonder also if there are other hidden differences in safety, reputation etc.

Thanks heaps

T

Bangkok Air are for sure the best, new planes, usually less than 50% full to CNX (I wonder how they can make a profit), top-service, lounge (with free drinks and snacks) at both BKK and CNX open to ALL passengers, 30 Kg luggage allowance by just applying for membership in their FF-program.

and cheap these days, just 1900 THB incl. Taxes until end of March.

they have 3 flights a day TO CNX and 2 flights a day BACK to BKK.

Thai Air as well has Promo-fares to and from CNX at the moment (1715 THB incl Taxes) but you can not book these online.

dont bother with budget airlines to CNX these days, as they are actually not really cheaper than the full-service-carriers (particularly not NOK AIR who still charges the same fuel surcharges as last year, when the kerosene was 160 Dollar a barrel and not just 50 Dollar - they obviously think their passengers are completely stupid....).

by the way, there are actually FIVE airlines flying to CNX, after the notorious 1-2-GO started to operate again......

Edited by siam2007

Hi there

Thanks heaps

T

Thai Air as well has Promo-fares to and from CNX at the moment (1715 THB incl Taxes) but you can not book these online.

Not quite right.....THAI can be booked from here.

Hi there

Thanks heaps

T

Not quite right.....THAI can be booked from here.

oh indeed, you are right.... thats interesting..... I never heard of that URL "thaiairwaysthailand.com" before. this is for sure not meant for FARANG's use.... because on "thaiair.com" you cannot find that promotion.

Yes, but the price may go up and the flights might be full. We booked the other evening and paid 6,600 Baht for two people, a friend left until the following morning and paid 5,200 for one person.

You always take a chance when leaving it late, you might strike lucky but you might not.

Thanks for the helpful comments

Can anyone advise whether it is safe enough to leave the bookings until a few days before hand in relation to availability and cost etc?

depends WHEN you actually travel. if its in low season, you will always get a seat to CNX easily. for example, the Bangkok-Air flights are usually only 25-40% full. And even at Thai Air, their "super saver fares" can often be had just 2-3 days before the travel date.

so many flights to and from CNX every day. as I said, it depends on your actual travel date. and of course, during the week (tuesday-thursday) its always easier to get a cheap seat.

at "1-2-go" by "ORIENT DIE", ermmm, I mean "ORIENT THAI", you can always get the same price, they have a fixed fare, no matter if u book 3 months ahead or only 3 days ahead. though I wouldnt really recommend to fly 12go...

Thanks for the helpful comments

Can anyone advise whether it is safe enough to leave the bookings until a few days before hand in relation to availability and cost etc?

depends WHEN you actually travel. if its in low season, you will always get a seat to CNX easily.

Travelling end of June and return mid July. Is this low season?