Gps In Phuket

coatesy

I bought on ebay and posted here (got away no import tax, declared under 20 USD).. Cost me about 300 USD for something that my buddy paid 30 - 35,000 baht for in Thailand !!

If you just want a cheapie garmin car unit then you can find that style for 10 - 12k.. The garmin 200w is a good functional simple unit.. But once you want anything a bit specialized its criminally expensive in Thailand compared with the west.

1. NEW Garmin GPS NUVI 750 "Piano Black" including SE Asia, Thailand & US maps (Europe is possible as well) aboutTHB 22.000

2. NEW Garmin GPS StreetPilot 2720 with Remote, including SE Asia, Thailand & US maps (waterproof, motorcycle friendly) AboutTHB 25.000

3. NEW Garmin GPS NUVI 550, including SE Asia, Thailand & US maps (waterproof, motorcycle friendly, multi mode for use with car, motorcycle, boat, hiking etc) About THB 30.000

4. NEW Garmin GPS & Marine Chartplotter Oregon 300, Handheld, including SE Asia, Thailand & US maps & BlueCharts worldwide of choice (waterproof, motorcycle friendly) About THB 30.000

I will PM you a contact number.

Syl.

My point entirely !! thats more than 700 USD !!!

2. NEW Garmin GPS StreetPilot 2720 with Remote, including SE Asia, Thailand & US maps (waterproof, motorcycle friendly) AboutTHB 25.000

112 USD as a buy it now, brand new on ebay !!!

Thai maps free, posted all over the net even on this forum !!

That leaves you about 600 USD for postage !! Mine was 30 ish bucks usps mail !!

The Thai price being over 5x as much.

I too bought mine on ebay and had it shipped here.

Paid around $200 for a Garmin 60 CSX

The thing is awesome.

Thai maps were tough getting installed but it makes all the difference having them.

Before that, i just created routes and tracks.

Now i can find bars, food and money.

can't beat that.

Maps shouldnt be too hard.. The most recent thai ESRI update to 8.1 with installer is easy to find..

I put the entire SE Asia pack up on GT-R.. that includes

Thai 8.1 (most recent)

Laos

Cambo

Vietnam

Malaysia (peninsula and borneo)

Singapore

Hong Kong

Indo (incomplete but most bali / java / etc)

As one 200mb unlocked file..

I too got the 60csx as its waterproof and hand holdable so can be my car, my bike, on foot, on yacht.. Very impressive little bit of kit and highly recommended if you want more than a car navi system.