Medical Clown

bina

someone from my kibbutz in israel may be coming to thailand with a medical organization; he is a medical clown (works with children with cancer, sexual abuse, post trauma stress syndrome, and victims of terrorist actions)

he works in several hospitals and 'mental institutions' here.

he doesnt know where he will be sent in thailand; where is most of the post trauma work being done??

where are most of the victims hospitalized?

orphanages?

is there any one else working in this area ?

this will be in the next few weeks, thru the foreign ministry of israel.... he is a spanish speaker (no english) , any argentinians in the area?

who can point me to 'real time' info, not cnn and bbc excerpts; he wants me to find out what people are saying and feeling in the area (he doesnt read english so i translate);

he asked me (the thaiphile) to find out info for him

you can post me privately if need be; hope he will find out when and where and which organization soon.....

or

[email protected]

Your friend should look at this website for sensible information and discussion about Thailand.

I take my hat off to him, what a shining example.

We already have a resident clown though, one who has been given the chance and resources to educate every affected child in Southern Thailand to Harvard level. ...and has turned it down - due to pride...and now that money will be pinched by unscrupulous Indonesian politicians.

Actually we have elections coming soon, perhaps your Clown could run too !

SAURON.

Hi;

If he doesn't speak thai he should go to Phuket or bangkok and contact the local hospitals

They really need people in Khao lak to help with the hundreds of kids up there living in tents in open fields.

I have spent some time with the kids and they really appreciate a smiling face even if they don't undersdtand what he says ( and my thai I thought was ok)

If he wants he would be more than welcome there

hi richard phuket,

i got your pm , passed on the info to alex... still not certain if he's being sent there or not; its an israeli government project......

i just pass on the info, including the post that someone posted from the timesonline; alex doesnt read or speak english, just hebrew and spanish...

today he came to ask me what thai children enjoy or what makes them laugh, what things are taboo (his repetoire is without speach, just sound affects as he works with arab and jewish children here)

i figure whatever most children like... but any specifics or recommendations from volunteers that are already working there might help him organize his 'clown' acts

after all this preparation, i hope he gets to go.....

sauron, if you havent noticed, i am translating whatever i find here, since he doesnt read or speak english so i have to pass the info over to him when we meet in the kibbutz dining room.........