Warning! Do Not Fly Tiger Airways!

LindsayBKK

Though it doesn't excuse all of what happened to the OP, I bet a lot of travelers were experiencing horrible or non-existent customer service during the airport shutdown. For sure there were more complaints and problems than any airline customer service department could handle.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have said, ye pays your money and takes yer chance.

The only way you can reduce risk of bad service is by paying that bit more. Its like buying a cheap pair of shoes - you will probably end up hurting your feet and having to buy a more expensive pair a week later.

As these airlines are so cheap they will keep costs down as best they can, ie through minimal customer service. Personally myself I like to know that I will get an ok level of service.

Even paying for a middle range airline will get you that.

i also hate tiger airways... i waited on hold for 3 hours total (no kidding) trying to get through to them because the girl had mistakenly booked double. when she realized her mistake she said there was nothing she could do about it. i asked her if she could please refer me to a manager who could refund one of the tickets and she hung up on me. somehow i got through immediately afterwards and someone else refunded it, but a bad experience overall. besides their planes suck- no comforts whatsoever. as others say though, you get what you pay for.

However what there is no excuse for is their website errors - look at Ryanair and their volume of business but yet their website is ok?

If Tiger are not going to provide a proper phone service then they should have a properly run website.

I would not use them for sure, or anyone like them.

Edited by spongeman

we used to fly tiger a lot when they had a service to sin from cnx, but after they canceled this service we have not flown with them or transited through sin, which is no loss in any way. Also if you add up the costs for doing a flight from say CNX to aus to Brisbane, they come out a long way from being the cheapest. And the time schedule is horrific.

BUT. On the last flight i wanted to contact them about a problem and guess what, you can not, you have to send a letter by snail mail ....... this is customer service??????

vote with your feet friends

The question remains Lindsay, are you happy with the letter?

Letter was a bit predictable. Will not change my opinion, nor will I fly with them again.

If they can't get it right the first time....

But yes it was a surprise to get any reply. 1 point for that.

If you cannot complain and get a response that is an issue but what are you all complaining about?

I have flow Tiger for about 2 years now and found them to be good for the price.

My gripes I have with them is that they do not stick to a schedule. I fly Sin first to Hat Yai (cancelled) then to Krabi (cancelled) and now to Phuket which is good but every 6 months they change the flight time, gets annoying. But now they have 2 flights a day either first thing in the morning of last at night and for Tiger I cannot complain.

Phuket Immergration needs to pull its figure out or Tiger need to close checkin earlier because often on a Sunday night we sit on the plane waiting to go, but apart from that we go and comedown without to many problem. Booking online is quick and easy, never had a problem with checkin or seating.

Tiger and Air Aisa both much of a muchness. Not much for little money - that is the defination of no-frills is it not? Easily the best two of the bunch.

If everyone wants a premium service fly first class on a premium airline like SIA and get what you pay for!

I find tiger to be an ok airline, for the price its a great airline to fly. Although I havent ever had any problems with them, so my opinion may change over time.

But there piss cheap, Im surprised we didnt have to sit on the floor while flying.

i would also recommend not to fly with tiger airways ... they seem to be not really professional and not very customer-oriented ...

i booked a flight ... they changed the flight time ... new flight time was 4 hours and 5 minutes later!

i could not take this flight because i had a connection flight ...

i asked them for refund, but no reaction.

although their policy says that money will be refunded if flight times changes are more than 4 hours ...

no reaction.

if here is anybody who knows what to do in my situation, please tell me ;-)

i would also recommend not to fly with tiger airways ... they seem to be not really professional and not very customer-oriented ...

i booked a flight ... they changed the flight time ... new flight time was 4 hours and 5 minutes later!

i could not take this flight because i had a connection flight ...

i asked them for refund, but no reaction.

although their policy says that money will be refunded if flight times changes are more than 4 hours ...

no reaction.

if here is anybody who knows what to do in my situation, please tell me ;-)

set your watch to be 5 mins faster? (sorry, couldn't resist)

As a CEO myself, I can understand why yuou didn't get a reply.I stopped reading your letter after a few minutes.

It rambled on and on.

You should have made it short, to the point, facts about Tiger Air only and without personal references. A CEO of a company simply hasn't got the luxury of a spare 10-15 minutes to sit down and read that.

As a CEO myself, I can understand why yuou didn't get a reply.I stopped reading your letter after a few minutes.

It rambled on and on.

You should have made it short, to the point, facts about Tiger Air only and without personal references. A CEO of a company simply hasn't got the luxury of a spare 10-15 minutes to sit down and read that.

You really think the CEO personally pics up his post from the box and reads / answers all letters by himself ? :o

Anyways OP did get a reply, you CEO's don't have time to read all the posts before replying i assume.

It rambled on and on.

what would you recommend?

write a short LETTER and send it to ceo? or mail?

forums say that tiger ignores all complaints ...

but IF something goes wrong, they ignore you ...

they changed the departure time ... they postponed it to 4h5m later ...

and now they dont want to refund.

is this a good customer service?

No I believe it is not but I prefere to wait 4 hours and save myself thousands of baht

I flew many airlines and I had to wait 4-5 hours in transit did I get my money back? NOOOO

i am not talking about transit ...

tiger airways changed the flight time. not 10 minutes, not 20 ... but 4 hours and 5 minutes.

and i could not take this flight because i had a flight back to europe ...

and now i ask them for refund, but nothing happens. no refund, no mails!

i am not talking about transit ...

tiger airways changed the flight time. not 10 minutes, not 20 ... but 4 hours and 5 minutes.

and i could not take this flight because i had a flight back to europe ...

and now i ask them for refund, but nothing happens. no refund, no mails!

OK your case might be different but I only book a flight to OZ with no connection to any where

and I don't mind mind waiting which I never have, if you can show me a flight to OZ with any other airline for less then 20k return for 2 people I will gladly take it :o and this incudes all taxes

Edited by fred2007

In general, I think you're correct. The questions are: 1.) how often does it happen on a particular airline and 2.) how do they try to appease the customer.

For example, years ago on a TG flight we had to wait 5 hours before our flight took off from Bangkok to Phuket. Tough luck. Bad customer service.

Another time I flew NW from Washington to Phoenix and they lost my luggage. They delivered it all the way to Tucson for me and gave me a bunch of frequent flyer miles. Good customer service.

Another time I flew NW, became quite ill during my stay, and had to return home for medical treatment under doctor's orders. Too bad...restricted fare. Had to buy another oneway ticket for $1000!!! Domestic!!! Bad customer service.

Last week I booked a flight from Washington, D.C. to Salt Lake City. I tried to use my ton of frequent flyer miles with NW...on a plane that was virtually empty and a flight that was a month away. By the time they finished going through all the restrictions, I couldn't use my miles. One of the restrictions was that technically it was a Delta flight, even though it was listed on the NW web page, and NW FF miles can't be used on a Delta flight. I'm a pretty mild guy, but when I heard that excuse I said, "Do you think that all these restrictions, and especially that last one, might be the reason that NW airlines will cease to exist in a few months." The agents response was, "You're not very polite."

It rambled on and on.

I did get a reply (above) I guess you missed it being a CEO & all.

That was short.

If I had kept the letter shorter he would not have known what happened, plus it would not have sounded the same.

I also sent them links to all Tiger Airways customer comment pages, + youtube (stranded passengers @ Singapore & Rockhampton Airports) etc +++.

But off course they were deleted by Thaivisa. If anybody wants the list PM me.

Before you buy or use a product / service search the internet then make an evaluation.

I searched but left out the words "Customer Service".

I do not agree when people say if you fly low cost you should not expect any customer service. What rubbish!

If you have used Tiger Airways & not had problems yet, you will soon because they simply cancel

flights that don't have minimal % passengers, so stick to busy routes if you still want to fly with them.

i asked for refund many times already, but they ignore it!

what do you think ... should i send a letter to tiger airways? not mail, but letter ...

or would that also have no effect? i guess effect would be the same ... what do you think?

i can't believe that they don't want to refund the money,

although they changed flight time for more than four hours ...

would it make sense to send letter and tell them to pass the matter to a lawyer?

is there an authority that is responsible for airlines in singapore and which i could tell about this matter?

by the way ... i found this in the tigerairways.com info ...

if your flight is rescheduled before the date of travel, and departs more than four hours before or after the original departure time, then you will be entitled to a travel credit or full refund of the unused part of your reservation if the alternative flight/s offered are not acceptable to you and you do not wish to travel. This is provided you notify Tiger Airways more than four (4) hours prior to the Scheduled Departure Time of your flight.

Edited by bubu

No customer service?

No surprise to me.

You get what you pay for. I've flown Jetstar x 2, Tiger x 2. Air Aisia x 1 - They got me from point A to point B. Yes, sometimes a delay, and yes, sometimes a few days before departure "sir, your flight is cancelled, want to fly on a different day or want money back"? crap. But hey, it's budget, I pay between 3,000 and 4,000 Baht return BKK -SIN- BKK including taxes. Name any airline that can offer me such fantastic fares. It's value for money especially with Jetstar. Very good service onboard. They will try and and accommodate your seat preference, leather comfy seats and 20kg luggage and 7kg hand luggage. Coffee onboard for 70 Baht. Can't complain now can I?

Would I use them long haul ? NO! well... may be Jetstar - believe it or not, they actually got an office around the corner from Robinson's near Silom.

But then again I don't have to fly budget to Europe. I can fly with Etihad or Qatar for 27,000 Baht return including all taxes to most capitals in Europe.

So even though I do feel sorry for the OP and all; I have to say to Air Asia, Tiger Airways and especially Jetstar: THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT FARES and - KEEP THEM COMING THOSE PROMOTIONS - LOVE'EM!

Edited by Flow

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Look, all this disruption is the result of the PAD illegal occupation of the airport.

The airlines need to compensate their affected passengers.

The airlines then need to sue the arse off the airport authority for their losses.

The airport authority then need to sue the arse off the PAD perpitrators for their losses.

End off.

quote:

I have NO sympathy for you.

For low cost airlines, may it be Tiger, JetStar, AirAsia, Ryan or others, your ticket is only good for the flight you book. If you miss a connection, even if it is their fault, they don't care. You should just buy a new ticket. That is why all low cost airline try to sell you insurance to cover for this kind of mishaps. I am quick sure you did not buy the insurance.

Nobody are forced to fly low cost. quote:

I flew Tiger once and had a similar experience I won't bore you all with, except to add that a 2 hour delay went on for 3 days!!! (including a ransfer via Malayasia from Pereth that had 26 people in KL with unbooked flights). The misery in this that for 3 days TIGER called it a "suspended" service rather than a cancelled one (which thye kept suspending every 4 hours by phone) so Travel Insurance couldn't solve anyonés problems...

Tiger are A$$holes.... and stating "cheap"ois no excuse. Bangkok airways is a cheap airline thta STILL has free meal, free TV, blankets, pillows and lovely hostesses that answer your cal to your wide, rangey seat. How do thye do it so cheaply? I dunno but if they can then the corporates at Tiger can too.

AVOID TIGER if you get any other choice.