O - Visa Based On Thai Child ?

I have a friend who has a Thai baby (2y/o) and a Thai G/f

He is on t TR Visa, He also is the father on the birth certificate. e is 31, his G/F is 28, everything is legit - he just doesn't want to get married.

He has plenty of $$$ so the 12 month extension is not a problem.

I thought yo could get an "O" visa to support a child, but a search seems to be contradictory.

Before I send him to the consulate in SDFASDFADF is he entitled to an "O" visa based on supporting a Thai child.

I do not believe he would have a hard time obtaining a non immigrant O visa to visit his child but living here on an extension of stay may be very carefully checked and additional paperwork to that listed below (from Division 3 Immigration) might be required:

(a father/mother who is an alien)

Application for further stay for an alien father or mother to support children who are Thai Citizen

1. Immigration form 7

2. Copy of passport

3. A 4 cm. x 6 cm. photograph

4. A 1,900 bath application fee

5. Evidence indication the parental status; birth certificate or a judicial custody order of the child

6. Evidence presenting financial status:

- Bank pass-book, bank statement certifying amount of money in the applicant's account, a certified documents of money transferring from oversea or evidence of income with related documents

7. A record of interviewing the applicant

8. The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary

- In most cases, the request will not be approved if the alien parents sponsor an dopted child who is a Thai citizen

hi,better give him my email address i can tell him exactly what papers and other stuff he needs,the website from immigration specially in this in incorrect,and he probably needs to go there many times depending on the mood of the immigration,i just finished all my paper stuff in november,i have a 3year old daughter with my thai gf,i extented my visa for the first time,anyways if ur friend doent have enough money in a thaibank[400000baht] or income he will get problems to extend his visa and will probably get problems to get 1 year non"O' multi visa [email protected]

It seems faranggerman had a bad experience as his below quote indicates. As the site and I say - more documents may be required if there are unanswered questions.

when i went bkk immigration to extend my non o visa they told me they dont believe me that i stay with my daughter and take care her,i said"ok why not check with my neighbors"they said "it is not their business'so they made me to get "BEIRAP RONGBOOD"[im not sure i spelled it right]thats is a fatherhood declaration, took me 4 months u need to take a lawyer if they ask u to get that paper too,cost all together inc.interpreter about 14000baht,be sure u go early enough to extend,i was late and had to fly to Kl to get a new visa and of course they gave me only 3months non o,because im a big liar and bad farang who doesnt take his daughter,ok good luck

Hi Lopburi here we go again,i cleared my problems already,but i really cant say any good about immigration,anyways if u look in the topic timbuktu or thailand,that a friend of mine has also problems,and not because of inproper papers or not enough money,whatever i calmed down already,here is amazing thailand,and i know i have to do what my heros from immigration are telling me to do