Anybody Ever Use This Money Transfer Company?

You'll find numerous threads here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=66

A rough summary of those threads would seem to suggest that they are not a scam but are not completely reliable, change things on a whim and have poor support. Despite this, it seems as though they may be about the best option for people who want to take payments over the interweb and are not in countries where Paypal allows withdrawls to bank accounts. They seem to have worked well for some people, although they have been known for spamming webboards with good reports. I think you'll find some genuine ones on that forum though.

I haven't got to the point of needing to give them a try but may do in the future.

Edited by Tarragona

Despite this, it seems as though they may be about the best option for people who want to take payments over the interweb and are not in countries where Paypal allows withdrawls to bank accounts. 

Why use a service, especially in business, which is unreliable ? It's not that difficult to open a bank account in a country that does accept withdrawals from paypal e.g Hong Kong and i'm sure there are other countries as well

Why use a service, especially in business, which is unreliable ? It's not that difficult to open a bank account in a country that does accept withdrawals from paypal e.g Hong Kong and i'm sure there are other countries as well

There are obviously a lot of people out there who don't find that a viable option. If you are not actually in one of those countries you can only withdraw to a US bank account.

There are obviously a lot of people out there who don't find that a viable option. If you are not actually in one of those countries you can only withdraw to a US bank account.

You don't have to live in a country to have a bank account there. Many people have swiss bank accounts or offshore accounts in the isle of man or jersey, and not actually live there - all you need is a certified copy of your passport to open an account. And both swiss and off-shore accounts can be used with paypal or nochex.

You don't have to live in a country to have a bank account there. Many people have swiss bank accounts or offshore accounts in the isle of man or jersey, and not actually live there - all you need is a certified copy of your passport to open an account. And both swiss and off-shore accounts can be used with paypal or nochex.

I don't think it's that easy. My own experience with Paypal was that I set up an account to withdraw to my UK bank account but they blocked it when I had a Thai IP address. That was a couple of years ago and I've never bothered with them since. I don't know what they're like now but I still read a lot of stories by people having problems with them.

A truly international reliable payment gateway does not exist from what I can make out.

I don't think it's that easy. My own experience with Paypal was that I set up an account to withdraw to my UK bank account but they blocked it when I had a Thai IP address. That was a couple of years ago and I've never bothered with them since. I don't know what they're like now but I still read a lot of stories by people having problems with them.

A truly international reliable payment gateway does not exist from what I can make out.

I live in Thailand, but have a paypal account where i transfer the money to my hong kong bank account. I also have a nochex account where i transfer the money to my off-shore account in the isle of man. Nochex currently only accept u.k cards, but they have plans to go global. Nochex is a u.k company, so will have no problems with off-shore accounts in jersey or isle of man. lastly, i believe it's pretty simple to disguise your IP address to make it appear you are in the u.k.

• 1 month later...

Well, I for one have been using ikobo to make payments to people online and so far haven't lost any money. Sure, there were problems in the beginning with my account verification and also customer support wasn't all that fast and responsive. Lately things seem to have changed, at least in the customer support department since I almost always manage to get someone to answer me on livehelp. May not be the best solution, but it's working and it's convenient.