Advantages Of E-mail

farangconnection

I have found out recently what the main advantage of E-mail is. It lets you book hire cars, arrange appoinments to view property, book a table in a restaurant, arrange meetings, when you don't have any intention of honouring them. No comebacks either. You are faceless. You can book three or four restaurants by e-mail, in case you get hungry. Book a car with 3 or 4 hire firms in case you need to get from A to B.

I am getting really fed up with it.

I have found out recently what the main advantage of E-mail is. It lets you book hire cars, arrange appoinments to view property, book a table in a restaurant, arrange meetings, when you don't have any intention of honouring them. No comebacks either. You are faceless. You can book three or four restaurants by e-mail, in case you get hungry. Book a car with 3 or 4 hire firms in case you need to get from A to B.

Someone books a car,should be conditional on a deposit via credit card before it will be accepted as a booking.I can see how the restaurant/property booking could be a pain in the arse.However,looking at your website,i was quite impressed,i wouldn't mind having a drive out your way sometime to check it out!So keep your chin up mate,you will always get the wanke_rs that think they can do as they please.It's just a matter of accepting some people will always mess you around,but i would think the majority are ok. :o

If I opened a restaurant for people from Africa called the "golliwog connection" I think they'd do a lot worse than make few untrue emails.

How many foreigners here think that the word "Farang" is insulting.........? :D No,i didn't think so,how can it compare to the word golliwog in Africa?Do people go around calling others a golliwog?No,i didn't think so.Farang is so common here,it's not like he's calling it some derogatory name. :o

If I opened a restaurant for people from Africa called the "golliwog connection" I think they'd do a lot worse than make few untrue emails.

How many foreigners here think that the word "Farang" is insulting.........? :D No,i didn't think so,how can it compare to the word golliwog in Africa?Do people go around calling others a golliwog?No,i didn't think so.Farang is so common here,it's not like he's calling it some derogatory name. :o

Don't bite, thats what it wants..

totster :D

Don't bite, thats what it wants..

totster :D

Yeah,i've checked it's other posts,seems to like being nasty. :D:D

Wrong.

All emails sent unless using a proxy server, carry headers.

These give the senders IP address and ISP with this data plus the senders location can be pin pointed.

It is just as much a criminal offence to send offensive, threatening, spamming emails as it is with regular mail.

Also an offence to make false contracts via on line.

Edited by sassienie

Kin Ell!! we are upset arent we!!emails also work the other way too!we had booked and Prepaid a specific type of hirecar by email from Frankfurt airport,car was not available when we arrived tried to force us to take a car 3 classes more expencive which would have cost us an extra1500 euros for the 3 months, but we had had the confirmation emails and better late than never wegot our car, its the way of the world sadly that people dont cancel bookings , just live with it :o

Understandable....booking in advance should secure the correct level of staffing, a table and meal of choice.....multiple no show E-mail bookings totally undermine the usefullness of this process!!

People do cancel.....if they are polite......or if it is a big ticket outlay, and a sizeable refund is to be aquired by a timely cancellation

I don't agree you have to put up with it.......have a first time E-mail booking fee......send a reference number by return and have them pop by and drop off a deposit in advance.....then in small print reserve the opportunity to release the table if the deposit is not received 24 hours prior to the booking date. Just a thought. :o

Which TV member have you p_ssed off? As already mentioned, you can trace the source of e-mails, perhaps they're originating from the same IP address?

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

You do realise that you are asking for a lot of jokers on this forum - not me, honest, guv! :o - to do exactly what you have explained here, just to make your life a little more unhappy. :D

You do realise that you are asking for a lot of jokers on this forum - not me, honest, guv! :o - to do exactly what you have explained here, just to make your life a little more unhappy. :D

Did you not hear about the insurance company who refused to insure a knife throwers assistant.....they weren't really expected too, no sane person would....so it became really good publicity.... :D ....maybe now he is not so unhappy!! after all many people now know they can book via E-mail......but of course it is not advertising!!!

Which TV member have you p_ssed off? As already mentioned, you can trace the source of e-mails, perhaps they're originating from the same IP address?

Don't think any are TV members. Last years Elephant Festival, I had 14 bookings that never showed. Out of those 8 sent apologies. I still have 6 tickets awaiting collection. Of course the biggest problem is that if you send a bankers draft from abroad to pay, then the transaction cost more than the tickets are worth. One guy called Fernendo, even booked two hotels for him and his family and didn't decide which one till he got here. Not our booking I'm afraid to say.

Five people in the last year have booked cars and not shown. The strange thing is everyone of them were English, and all at times when we were busy with car hire. Last week, as we could not honour one commitment, we hired a pick-up in from outside for the guy. It is still sitting outside the pub awaiting collection. I DO trust the honesty and integrity of people, which is why I do not make demands of payment up front, but that is wearing a bit thin now. There is no other way to deal with this, other to charge for my services, which means the honest ones pay.

Don't think any are TV members. Last years Elephant Festival, I had 14 bookings that never showed. Out of those 8 sent apologies. I still have 6 tickets awaiting collection. Of course the biggest problem is that if you send a bankers draft from abroad to pay, then the transaction cost more than the tickets are worth. One guy called Fernendo, even booked two hotels for him and his family and didn't decide which one till he got here. Not our booking I'm afraid to say.

Five people in the last year have booked cars and not shown. The strange thing is everyone of them were English, and all at times when we were busy with car hire. Last week, as we could not honour one commitment, we hired a pick-up in from outside for the guy. It is still sitting outside the pub awaiting collection. I DO trust the honesty and integrity of people, which is why I do not make demands of payment up front, but that is wearing a bit thin now. There is no other way to deal with this, other to charge for my services, which means the honest ones pay.

no its not. Paypal.

Last time in Surin (only for a few hours) I missed you, took a look on ya website next time I'm down your way (only from Roi Et) me an the misses will pop in, as long as you ain't wearing one of them horrible blue shirts, were did you find that designer nightmare :D

Oh & yes there'll be no e mail from me just arrive for a beer & a T bone 1 day :o

Many businesses now do not reply to hotmail in France and Australia.

Presume many users must use this email as a punchy ball for the miserable life they have.

Book restaurants and live them with a empty table it is not on ! You do not have business I am sure …

PAYPAL is the anwser, as explained in another thread.

You don't have rooms to rent, so you won;'t lose that way. And am sure you can allways accomadate extras in the resturant. As for car hire, some punters probaly book care hire and then realise they can have the same car for a lot less if they go through a local hire firm.

for a business that is constantly promototing their trade though the internet it seems strange that you are at the same time detailing it failings.

You guys have to work for a GDS (global distribution service for hotel rooms) company before you can complain people booking electronically and not honoring their agreements. I do sales and support for a GDS company here in Asia and they usually (all) have a no show policy with some form of compensation being owed to the hotel and to the GDS provider (which is my company) and you can not understand the frustration of trying to chase these people up for the penalties they have agreed upon. We get their details name address credit card information, but of course the banks aren't going to let us charge them for something we have the legal right to do without their consent... I get 50 - 60 emails a day with no shows I am expected to chase up, ill be lucky to get 1 or 2 of those to actually pay...