Best Place To Stay In Bangkok On A Buget.. Please Advise

charlie4u

HI All

Im trying to help my brother. :D

hes going to be in bangkok for the first time :D in a few weeks but hes on a tight buget.

I'd be soooo greatful if anyone could give me some tips to pass on, where to stay and what would be good for him to see and do as he will be there alone.... I do worrie about him... :D

all advice wellcome..... :o

cx

I think he should stay in the Ratchada rd. Soi 13 has buggt accommodation and layed back feel 3000- 7000 per month with internet.. Good cheep food. And a few MRT stops that would get him in to the centre of town and for 25 baht. Ratchda soi 1 & 4 & 8 have really good entertainment for the younger crowd also.

Mods please move this to the Bangkok forum as everyone is going to see I actually tryed helped someone. :o

I think he should stay in the Ratchada rd. Soi 13 has buggt accommodation and layed back feel 3000- 7000 per month with internet.. Good cheep food. And a few MRT stops that would get him in to the centre of town and for 25 baht. Ratchda soi 1 & 4 & 8 have really good entertainment for the younger crowd also.

Mods please move this to the Bangkok forum as everyone is going to see I actually tryed helped someone. :o

:D

Have you got the names of any of these places rjt?

Phong Apartments & Mind Mansion.. both on Soi Ratchada 13. Huai Khwang would be the best MRT stop. I think.

Mods please move this to the Bangkok forum as everyone is going to see I actually tryed helped someone. :D

Phong Apartments & Mind Mansion.. both on Soi Ratchada 13. Huai Khwang would be the best MRT stop. I think.

Good man!

:o

Hi. Why not tell your bro to spend an hour or so browsing Thaivisa. There are many previous threads on the same question you have asked (mainly in the Bangkok sub-forum). One fairly recent one generated a lot of good suggestions. Just go to that forum and scroll back through the old threads (maybe 2-3 pages) till you find it OR use the Thaivisa search facility (top right this page) usig search words like "budget, cheap, hotel, bangkok" etc. It's all there for you

thanks all,

my bro is 45 years old...........lol..... :o

hes not traveled much?... i am actually dropping him off, :D

theres a few of us staying 9 nights in Phuket, then on the way back to the u.k he wants to stay extra time in Bankok, i dont have the time...

hence my post...

cx

thanks all,

theres a few of us staying 9 nights in Phuket, then on the way back to the u.k he wants to stay extra time in Bankok, i dont have the time...

hence my post...

cx

45 and he needs your help? I thought he was like 19 or something.. roflmfao.

thanks all,

hence my post...

cx

I'm sure your brother can "handle himself". Leave it be...Nuff said.

Ah soi kunnathee.

I lived in a corner suite facing the temple on the top floor of mind masnsion for 3-4 years when i first moved to thailand. it had a huge balcony, great view of wat kunnathee and i loved it. Freinds of mintine had the other corner suite on the top.

Another friend had one on the 10th floor that was really cool as well.

2 bedroom (1 large one office sized) 2 bathroom, not much of a kitchen but funtional. i loved it. dalat huay kwang is an amzing place to eat. we used to have parties on the roof.

Phong apartments is pretty uninspiring though.

thanks all,

hence my post...

cx

yes, it sounds like he already has his agenda down

thanks all,

hence my post...

cx

NO!, I am not sure that he can (look after himself) And all this "about where to stay on a budget"

What's the budget ? 150 baht a day or 2,500 - 3,000 baht a day (or more. It is all about a budget after all)

Anyways at 45 he is a big boy (leastaways he should be)

Throw him in the deep end. Give him a few hints on how to swim. How to grab a bit of pleasure.