How Young Is Too "young"?

junki3korean

I ve been thinking how young is too young? Last month while enjoying my time in Pattaya, I couldn`t help to relise how young the toursist in the redlights were getting. I saw many Young farangs holding hands or hugged up with a Thai Girl (one even looked like a ladyboy but cant be a positive on that) walking out of Walking Street. I observed while having a beer and saw kids that could even pass for 15-16 years old and thought, fuc_k!.... thats too young to be in Thailand with no parents doing what there doing....

Not that its my business, or I give a sleeze what these young lads do.....I thought deep into it and thought how will these kids turn out in the future? And the outcome is not going to be good....

15-16 year olds without parents in Thailand with prostitutes? Better now then never, might not get another chance.

edit: how will this determine how they will turn out later in life, as long as they are respectful, and do as they should, why not?

Edited by scottyd

Went to high school here, can tell you kids as young as 13 14 are out 'partying' from many reputable schools BPS NIST ISB were the crowds I hung around with, and I can tell you its more than 50% from every year group. I was there 6 7 years ago and when I left 2 years ago I remember being at studio 22 and seeing this group of about 20 BPS kids in year 8 so about 13 years old and almost half were throwing up everywhere. My biggest worry for them is however that they are so young and have no idea of the risks they are exposing themselves too, but knowing what I was like I doubt much can be done. Plus good parents for most of these kids are far and few between. They treat their kids like they are in a western country which they wouldn't be able to go into just any pub and club...

A tragic result of their careless attitude happened 2 weekends ago as a girl from one of those schools was drugged taken from her friends and raped during the concert 'culture one', parents and students won't get the message though, schools want to appear safer than they actually are...

Edited by aussiejosh

I think there is a fair bit of truth to what the OP says.. Although I was only 20 when I first arrived in Asia.. I had plenty of girlfriends from the start in S'pore and Malaysia.. Spent a fair bit of time in bars too.. dragged along and ''chaperoned'' :o By my older workmates.. They let me know the score and saved me from alot of problems.. I figure I ended up with a pretty healthy attitude and 22 yrs later still in Asia and no probs so far.. But I can see alot of trouble for the young lads I see in Pattaya nowadays.. Lets face it mature men get seen off by bargirls everyday here... Younger guys are just as easy a target.. You'll notice that many of the young guys are in the company of an 'older' girl... These girls have often been here a while, speak pretty good English and know all the tricks of the trade..

From the other side of the fence.. Young guys seeing that money buys affection and sex probably isn't that good for their emotional developent.. Not really going to be into commitment or finding a steady girlfriend when they realise they can behave like a 'rock star' here with a different or multiple girls everyday (budget allowing) We have all seen the desperate Pattaya addict types.. working for 3 Months in farangland.. not going out, saving every penny. Then comng to LOS spunking (literally) it all on a 4 week vacation then returning to the West to start saving again.. Some guys I know have done this for years.. Until they have no chance to save for their retirement and not enough cash to return home..

Guys getting trapped like this at an early age are getting to be quite common here now.. Witness the ammount of guys in their very early 20's you see in town with a GF and a baby.. For others it's just the lifestyle and they can't get enough of it.. They can't wait to show off to their mates.. Attitudes have changed big time.. Back when I was 20 (or younger) I didn't know of any young bloke that would boast about having to pay for sex... You'd have been a laughing stock if you couldn't get a sh*g for 'free' But now it seems 'tours' of lads to Eastern Europe, Holland and Thailand in search of working girls is the norm for some.. Before only guys in the military got up to stuff like that.. And they seldom mentioned it outside their close associates..

Apart from the financial probs there is also the STD/HIV risk not to mention Hepatitis etc.

Maybe the credit crunch will reign in some of the younger lads you see here.. But once hooked I think many of them would sell their Mother for a few weeks of 'living the dream' in Pattaya..

15-16 year olds without parents in Thailand with prostitutes? Better now then never, might not get another chance.

edit: how will this determine how they will turn out later in life, as long as they are respectful, and do as they should, why not?

Fully agree, wish I had done the same at 16. Perhaps the younger generation are more confident.

your talking about the age of the farang boys i assume.

it was in the papers the other day a 13 year old boy was a father in the UK . He looked and acted like an 8 year old.

I saw that article . Baby face n 4 feet tall. Hilarious

I noticed 15 year olds on samui few years back and was thinking to my self, lol they just completely #@$*#&@ then self’s hahaaha

Very true scotty....It defin be something they could all laugh about in the future...BUT What if there not respectful? What if at young age they don`t think........they could end up catching something, getting a girl pregnant , and If they start enjoying themselves too much at a young age how will they have a serious relationship in the future?

Not all will turn out like this but I assume alot will....only my opinion though :o

it was in the papers the other day a 13 year old boy was a father in the UK . He looked and acted like an 8 year old.

I noticed 15 year olds on samui few years back and was thinking to my self, lol they just completely #@$*#&@ then self's hahaaha

I saw the interview on television. The interviewer asked him, how you going to finance your baby.

He look dazzled and asked "finance what's meaning" His 15 year old girlfriend on the back looked up her eyes and smiled with his question,really I don't lie or joke about it

I noticed 15 year olds on samui few years back and was thinking to my self, lol they just completely #@$*#&@ then self's hahaaha

I saw the interview on television. The interviewer asked him, how you going to finance your baby.

He look dazzled and asked "finance what's meaning" His 15 year old girlfriend on the back looked up her eyes and smiled with his question,really I don't lie or joke about it

Yeah jerry Springer has really influenced the UK eh?

Went to high school here, can tell you kids as young as 13 14 are out 'partying' from many reputable schools BPS NIST ISB were the crowds I hung around with, and I can tell you its more than 50% from every year group. I was there 6 7 years ago and when I left 2 years ago I remember being at studio 22 and seeing this group of about 20 BPS kids in year 8 so about 13 years old and almost half were throwing up everywhere. My biggest worry for them is however that they are so young and have no idea of the risks they are exposing themselves too, but knowing what I was like I doubt much can be done. Plus good parents for most of these kids are far and few between. They treat their kids like they are in a western country which they wouldn't be able to go into just any pub and club...

A tragic result of their careless attitude happened 2 weekends ago as a girl from one of those schools was drugged taken from her friends and raped during the concert 'culture one', parents and students won't get the message though, schools want to appear safer than they actually are...

Nice informative piece Josh, sounds like you got through ok. In the end I think morals your parents have instilled are the foundation no matter how far one strays on occasions. It's not easier having Thai/Farang daughters in there teens right now either ...... that's another thread that includes words like shot gun, casteration knives, baseball bats n' knees, handcuffs, locked windows, rotweilers etc.

not sure what his girlfriend saw in him

post-70648-1234756000_thumb.jpg

From the other side of the fence.. Young guys seeing that money buys affection and sex probably isn't that good for their emotional developent..

Saw it just the other day, friend of mine who had been living here for the year I was gone had completely changed. I was telling him about a steady girlfriend I had in Melbourne the entire time I had been there and he shoots back with various stories about various prostitutes he had been with, as if boasting. Now I know the people here and I usually just smile and agree but honestly deep down feel disgusted but he is my age and had become that while I was gone. It was scary.

Nice informative piece Josh, sounds like you got through ok. In the end I think morals your parents have instilled are the foundation no matter how far one strays on occasions. It's not easier having Thai/Farang daughters in there teens right now either ...... that's another thread that includes words like shot gun, casteration knives, baseball bats n' knees, handcuffs, locked windows, rotweilers etc.

I wouldn't thank my parents, my mother had enough of me and sent me here. So I came from a different background than 95% of the kids in my year who had been brought up with a silver spoon... But even here I had to realize myself that if I didn't change and put in an effort that I would end up like my brother (massive drug addicted nut case)... Never was once told what to do, just learned from my brother and tried to do it better. Lucky I was the second son, we didn't realize our dad was even wealthy before I came here, only had met him a few times before and he was more interested in me getting an education than me getting parenting.

Anyway I turned out alright, probably because I got to see this country and realize the huge amount of differences that are made by our decisions and that I actually had an opportunity to turn what I was doing around. I still went out and partied, but avoided drugs for a long time(eventually did try them but thats over to now, just needed to know) never got in trouble and seem to find myself the only one these days that does stand watch over these kids even if they don't know it or appreciate it some times.

Guys getting trapped like this at an early age are getting to be quite common here now.. Witness the ammount of guys in their very early 20's you see in town with a GF and a baby.. For others it's just the lifestyle and they can't get enough of it.. They can't wait to show off to their mates.. Attitudes have changed big time.. Back when I was 20 (or younger) I didn't know of any young bloke that would boast about having to pay for sex... You'd have been a laughing stock if you couldn't get a sh*g for 'free' But now it seems 'tours' of lads to Eastern Europe, Holland and Thailand in search of working girls is the norm for some.. Before only guys in the military got up to stuff like that.. And they seldom mentioned it outside their close associates..

Apart from the financial probs there is also the STD/HIV risk not to mention Hepatitis etc.

I dont think attitudes towards paying for sex changed, its just that maybe attitudes change when visiting a country where its more accessible and presented in a way that makes it seem like the 'dun thing'. I think some viewed it as part of the Thai experience.

Most of the male friends I knew in the UK or my ex partner knew would consider it a sad reflection on their manlyhood/prowess if they had to pay for sex. I also recall it being a topic of conversation once and the general consensus was that you had to be a sad..(wont go into details, you get the drift)..to pay for it. However, when people are on holiday/party mode, they often do things they wouldnt normally do, especially if considered socially acceptable in some way. The fact that its sort of out in the open and most guys pat each other on the back about it over here, probably makes it easier to try it out.

--

As for the young guys, well, is it particularly healthy to get into this 'scene' at any age? Im not taking a moral high-ground on this (..wont add a "but" in there.. ok!) just an opinion from slight observation.

Anyway, im sure the ladies prefer to see younger guys than the usual crop ..The question that could also be posed is "How old is too old!" :o

another picture of the little bugger. amazing he wasnt shooting blanks at his age

post-70648-1234756480_thumb.jpg

I find it hard to believe he was able to produce semen. If you listen to the interview, his voice hasn't even changed. IMHO the female demonstrates the speech patterns and physical features of someone we used to term as mildly retarded before there was a fancy PC term. I'm surprised there has been no DNA testing. My gut says this is a scam.

Back to the OP; I believe you are correct. It has some very depressing results too. I'd cite a few, but, I reckon most people already know.

Yeah, but the younger the more you limit your ability to develope emotionally i think is what people were trying to get at. It's kind of weird though, I tried asking my dad this the other day, and a few other people I have known to be doing this regularly. Basically what I was asking was, don't you miss the affection side of a relationship, i mean to be laying in bed after with someone in your arms that your not paying to be there, that genuinely is there comforting you as you comfort them? Don't you miss that masculine feeling you get of knowing that this person is with you for you... Because it is a masculine thing i think to sit there holding someone in your arms and enjoying that knowing, or feeling that your protecting them in some sort of way... well feels like it... I don't know how exactly to describe what I am getting at, I mean its a feeling after all. Apparently the answer was no, a few had no idea what I was talking about (more the long term people who behave this way)... I found that sad.

Well, nothing has changed then! I went to ISB from 1976-1980 and it was the same then!!!

I ve been thinking how young is too young? Last month while enjoying my time in Pattaya, I couldn`t help to relise how young the toursist in the redlights were getting. I saw many Young farangs holding hands or hugged up with a Thai Girl (one even looked like a ladyboy but cant be a positive on that) walking out of Walking Street. I observed while having a beer and saw kids that could even pass for 15-16 years old and thought, fuc_k!.... thats too young to be in Thailand with no parents doing what there doing....

Not that its my business, or I give a sleeze what these young lads do.....I thought deep into it and thought how will these kids turn out in the future? And the outcome is not going to be good....

It is frankly worrying that many people here seem to think it as kind of 'cute' when women go with underage boys. Statements like 'better now than later' are just openly disgusting; and as you have it, at least in Thailand it is also illegal to have underage guests on the premises.

I personally can hardly see the distinction between a man going with a 15-year old girl to a woman going with a 15-year old boy. It also does not matter who initiated the sexual encounter -- as many men will tell that the girl was the initiator and end up in hot water for it anyway.

Maybe some who posted here rather rash and without thinking might want to retract their positions on this.

That should read:

I care less about the 16, 17, and 18 year old farang's doing their teenage exploring than I do the 13,14, and 15 year olds they sometimes explore.

Fast reply...

Why?

What you are describing is the usual teenage experience around the world.

another picture of the little bugger. amazing he wasnt shooting blanks at his age

post-70648-1234756480_thumb.jpg

I find it hard to believe he was able to produce semen. If you listen to the interview, his voice hasn't even changed. IMHO the female demonstrates the speech patterns and physical features of someone we used to term as mildly retarded before there was a fancy PC term. I'm surprised there has been no DNA testing. My gut says this is a scam.

Back to the OP; I believe you are correct. It has some very depressing results too. I'd cite a few, but, I reckon most people already know.

Its little Eddie Munster and Waynetta Slobb.

The worrying strange fact is that IF she claims a seperate home with Eddie, she will legally be able to claim Child Benifit for her child AND its Father.

Dave

Sorry :o

Yeah, but the younger the more you limit your ability to develope emotionally i think is what people were trying to get at. It's kind of weird though, I tried asking my dad this the other day, and a few other people I have known to be doing this regularly. Basically what I was asking was, don't you miss the affection side of a relationship, i mean to be laying in bed after with someone in your arms that your not paying to be there, that genuinely is there comforting you as you comfort them? Don't you miss that masculine feeling you get of knowing that this person is with you for you... Because it is a masculine thing i think to sit there holding someone in your arms and enjoying that knowing, or feeling that your protecting them in some sort of way... well feels like it... I don't know how exactly to describe what I am getting at, I mean its a feeling after all. Apparently the answer was no, a few had no idea what I was talking about (more the long term people who behave this way)... I found that sad.

Although I have completemented you in a previous post, I'll be quick to advise these is nothing like experience. I remember my first couple of relationships and they could have been post-boy descriptions of affections you quoted. Many, including myself can bring up tails of being run through the ringer, no matter how resilient we are, it's burns. The raw passion one feels in our teens and twenties is very hard to remember when divorce court proceedings are taking place or in the heat of an arguement someone lashes out. It's hard to bring back or even find that passsion. I've been a lucky one, but many dont. Some guys find solice in being able to chat up young girls in Nana or whereever and then being able to leave at the end of the night. Sad, but maybe sometimes theraputic for them, who knows. But I do agree that these sort of goings-on are hard to understand with guys in their teens.

In my experience, when my 25 year old nephew was here the bar girls were falling over themselves, to meet him 'after work' no money involved (and he wasn't in that market) they just wanted to know in a normal way, in fact it was him that was not turning up to meet these ladies. So guys while the ladies might insist on decent renumeration when they are doing the old codgers, it is possible they might have an entirely different outlook when it comes to a genuinely 'handsome man', or someone who in the real world is actually within their age peer group. Is a 22 year old with fifteen year old any more bizarre than a 22year old with a 55 year old ??????

That should read:

I care less about the 16, 17, and 18 year old doing their teenage exploring than I do the 13,14, and 15 year olds they sometimes explore.

Fast reply...

Why?

What you are describing is the usual teenage experience around the world.

Let me clarify that statement so it makes clear my point.. I meant to say that I think its entirely wrong for men or woman of legal adult status to engage in sexual acts with children. Frankly, I don't think what happens in Thailand's red light districts to be normal sexual experiences, in fact in most places its not exactly legal.

Now, let me retract my original statement and make it a little bit more extreme:

I care less about the 30, 40, and 50 year olds (farang, thai or whomever) doing their exploring than I do the 11,12, and 13 year olds they sometimes explore.

Young teenagers will get into what they get into, what I care more about are the rights of exploited children in such places around the world. Now a question to answer for me; are "usual" experiences around the world synonymous with just experiences around the world? (not just teenage experiences)

Edited by Digitalman