Suggested Central Festival Restaurants

picman

Prestige Hot Pot does it for me. They simply have everything that I enjoy and it's all you can eat for 225 baht. Sushi, sashimi, salad, dim sum, soups, and of course the hot pot to boil anything from their vast choice. The crowds flock to MK so the place is usually empty. Refillable drinks and ice cream.

Good value! Don't forget to get their discount card from your server for additional savings.

Shabu-shi is definately the place for me. 239 for all you can eat here.

We had so much fun graping stuff off the transport band, and we made a sport of not letting any mushrooms or salmon thru for the other table where our friends were sitting further down the band.

This was a very social and fun experience - well worth the money.

But - be prepared to wait, there is always a looong line who want to get in in front of you. When they give you a number its usually a 10-20 min wait if you are 2 persons, or a 30-40 min wait if you are 4 or more persons.

That's ridiculous. I'd never eat at a place especially a buffet type where I had to wait 30-40 minutes every time I wanted more food.

Barry

:o ...you dont wait 30-40 minutes everytime you want more food...the food is going past you all time...

The 30-40 minute wait referred to is waiting to get in the door of the place...

i will second the recommendation on the other Central Beach thread about the good food at the sukushi (or whatever it's called) Japanese/Korean resto next to Fuji. Basically, they copied Fuji's menu and added Korean food to it. Prices are about the same. The Japanese food is a little bit better than Fuji's in terms of taste (but I would still eat at either place) and they have some menu items that Fuji used to have that I liked but have since discontinued (like the tuna maguro steak).

their discount scheme is also much simpler than Fuji's...it a free card where you get a stamp for every B 300 you spend and after 10 stamps (B 3000 spent) you get B 300 (10%) off your next meal. Only thing is the card expires after 6 months.

Also, there is a branch of my favorite Bangkok cake shop, Secret Recipe, which can be found opposite Swenson's. When I was there the other day, they had a promo where with every piece of cake ordered, you got a free slice of any cheese cake too :o

Edited by MeetJohnDoe