Dusit Hot Springs Resort, Khokkloy

keestha

Being a fairly avid reader of this subforum, it surprises me never having heard anybody mentioning the Dusit hot springs resort, in Khokkloy just across the bridge coming from Phuket.

It is a (I think) 5 star hotel with a gorgeous swimming pool, and the open air hot springs. Around the swimming pool and the hot springs there are plenty of beach chairs and thatched umbrellas. For 500 Baht you can spend the whole day there, a cold drink and a snack and the use of a towel are included in the price. The place is very nicely laid out, the ideal tropical paradise you find in travel agency brochures in the west. Nicest thing about it, there are always very few other people around.

To go there, drive across the bridge, and turn left at the junction with the traffic light in Khokkloy about 5 KM from the bridge. It is well signposted.

By the way this post is not some kind of a plug, I am in no way affiliated with this business. I just wanted to tell readers who don't know about it that this is a very nice daytrip possibility.

I remember we used to go their before the land was bought, hotel was built. Used to be 2 public pools (one lady, one man). Only cost a few baht back then, many local Thais used it, few farangs knew about it. Then the hotel came and closed down the public facility, and charged too much for locals. Had a look at the new hotel, impressive, but never used the spa in protest at them shutting down the public pools..

Being a fairly avid reader of this subforum, it surprises me never having heard anybody mentioning the Dusit hot springs resort, in Khokkloy just across the bridge coming from Phuket.

It is a (I think) 5 star hotel with a gorgeous swimming pool, and the open air hot springs. Around the swimming pool and the hot springs there are plenty of beach chairs and thatched umbrellas. For 500 Baht you can spend the whole day there, a cold drink and a snack and the use of a towel are included in the price. The place is very nicely laid out, the ideal tropical paradise you find in travel agency brochures in the west. Nicest thing about it, there are always very few other people around.

To go there, drive across the bridge, and turn left at the junction with the traffic light in Khokkloy about 5 KM from the bridge. It is well signposted.

By the way this post is not some kind of a plug, I am in no way affiliated with this business. I just wanted to tell readers who don't know about it that this is a very nice daytrip possibility.

Glad to know it's open again;

last time we went up to look the gates were closed with a sign

"Tsunami Rebuild in progress'