Importing Personal Effects - Duty Free Conditions Query?

A quick question re importing personal effects stuff into Thailand if I may...

I am aware of the requirements published as follows:

In case where the non-immigrant visa (read "annual extension of stay") has not yet been granted, either of the following documents may be accepted:

(2.1) The letter from the Immigration Department certifying that the nonresidents shall be granted an annual temporary stay in Thailand; or

(2.2) The work permit from the Department of Labor to work in Thailand for at least one year.

If I am just 2 months into a new 1 yr non-imm multi-B with no work permit. Will I be able to get the "letter from the Immigration Department certifying that the nonresidents shall be granted an annual temporary stay in Thailand" providing I meet all the criteria for an annual extension of stay based on business?

I was under the impression that annual extensions of stay are normally done in the last 30 days of validity of the, in my case, 1yr multi-entry B visa? Will the Immigration office commit to the issuing of an annual extension so early on in the validity of the 1yr Non-imm B?

That letter will get all my stuff into Thailand duty free.

Edit: Having just read my post again, I'm going round in circles here. I'm wondering now if there are LESS criteria to be met for obtaining a work permit instead of getting that letter from immigration. My (GF's) Co. has the Thai employees to be able to employ me and can pay me 60,000 baht a year for the "letter" option BTW. Excuse me, I need to lie down.

Edited by Marvo

It has nothing to do with the validity of your visa. It is about your permission to stay stamp, which should be 90 days at this point. You can (and should) start the process to get the extension (of your permission to stay stamp, not the visa) now. Do agree, get the work permit first, as that is the basis for the extension to stay anyway.

TH

You can only import your household items into TH duty-free if you have a Non-B permit. With Non-O you can bring in your household goods, but you will have to pay customs and import duties.

I am in the process of doing this and already confirmed with Asian Tigers Transpo who is handling my container.

You can only import your household items into TH duty-free if you have a Non-B permit. With Non-O you can bring in your household goods, but you will have to pay customs and import duties.

I am in the process of doing this and already confirmed with Asian Tigers Transpo who is handling my container.

Hi Marcati, unless I'm mistaken, which I frequently am in Thailand, you can get a work permit on a non-O visa, the (1 year) work permit will get personal belongings in duty free. I've been contemplating that option too. I'm not sure how it works re getting a work permit "of at least 1 year" on a non-O though.

A work permit allows you to work, the permission to stay in Thailand to live here. It are 2 seperate things. To be able to work you don't need a non-B visa, you can just as well work when you are on a non-O based on marriage as you can on a Non-B.