Smoked Chiili Powder

Blackandwhite

My mother visited Thailand and brought us home some smokes chilli powder/flakes, fantasit in rice porridge, problem is never seen it or been able to get it.

Any one help with this I would be please maybe the name of it in Thai would be good ??

Cheers

I never use commercial chilli powder. in many cases they add red food coloring so it will look "hotter"....You will get much better aroma and taste if you select yourself the dried chillies and than roast them with bit of oil until they get deep blood red color and shiny.... than pound it thin or use your food processor to get the desired "finest".....

enjoy

Aircut is correct.The wife takes the Thai dried chiles and roasts them on the BBQ.Once they are to her likeing she puts them in the mill and spins them until they are the powder that she wishes.

I am fairly sure that you are not looking for chipotle peppers.They are smoked red jalapenos peppers.They are very good but not Thai.Thai's do have jalapenos but they do not use them much.I would be very suprised if that is what your mother brought back from Thailand.