Divorce

macb

Whilst I am researching the above on the internet I would appreciate and interested on any input from other Farangs that have gone through this process . I will be contacting a lawyer.

Please pm me.

I was told to leave 15 months ago, as the lady at the time told me to consider leaving as I was not needed and deemed to be boring. So as I was unhappy I left and have never returned.

Now I seek a clean break to get my life in order

Getting divorced in Thailand can be very easy, if both of you agree. Then it is simply visiting the amphur and signing the register stating that you are divorced. You can also come to any agreements and have them registered when you divorce. This is the easy way.

If you cannot come to an agreement you will have to go to court. Then you can only get a divorce on certain grounds.

if you are on an extension of stay, when you no longer live with your wife you lose your permission to stay and have to leave the country.

Getting divorced in Thailand can be very easy, if both of you agree. Then it is simply visiting the amphur and signing the register stating that you are divorced. You can also come to any agreements and have them registered when you divorce. This is the easy way.

If you cannot come to an agreement you will have to go to court. Then you can only get a divorce on certain grounds.

if you are on an extension of stay, when you no longer live with your wife you lose your permission to stay and have to leave the country.

I am on a retirement visa.

I am reading information on various sites of lawyers at this time

When at teh amphur. On the back of teh divorce papers there will be space to write on or clauses. This space is to write any cluases like who get the house, who get the car, the settlement, the assets. Make sure the clauses are written so that there will be no problems in the future. If everything is amicable write down the clause "no assets to share". A Thai lawyer can do this for you for a small fee. Make sure you tell the lawyers all the assets and what you want and don't want.