When Is It Okay To Hit Women?

dreaminthai

Please gentlemen excuse me while I rant about an episode in last nights entertainment.

Out for the night with the wife and relaxing in a bar on the main drag before you get to Bangla our evening was ruined by two drunken farang beating the sh*t out of a couple of little Thai Girls. By the time we arrived at the spectacle one of the girls was convulsing on the pavement, bleeding from a head wound and the farang guy (2 or 3 times her size) was continuing to rain elbows at the back of her head.

I don't know the full story so I can not say more than it was something that the girl had said about this guys mistress/wife while sitting eating noodles together. I have been trying to reason it out for hours as to what could justify this guys actions? What could possibly provoke such a savage beating? How the hel_l is this guy going to look at himself in the mirror?

The street seller lost all his food on the pavement, the cutlery, tables and chairs trashed on the sidewalk, two Thai girls taken to hospital, 6 or 7 other participants with cuts and bruises, and the two farang and 10 other people involved being taken away to the police station.

In the very small chance that they maybe reading this I sincerely hope that you get everything you deserve. They know who they are and if you want my advice, leave this beautiful country and never come back. I trust the karma will take care of people like you, and that the Thai people will not tar us all with the same brush.

Dreaminthai

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's disgusting and pathetic regardless of whatever the girls said or did. I hope they lock the guys that did it up.

Unbelievable story. I'm surprised the guys didn't get the sh*t kicked out of them by the 'audience'. How could anyone just watch that happen (not a dig at you).

Druken farang explains it all. Should be banned from Thailand forever.

However it is Thai custom not to get involved if there is an arguement between a couple. Husband and wife thing, etc.

:o

I think you should take jdinasia's advice.

However it is Thai custom not to get involved if there is an arguement between a couple. Husband and wife thing, etc.

Actually my advice in that case would be for him to keep his homophobia in his own house.

Hi

I am Farang and i get drunk sometimes, do you want to kick me out???

Actually my advice in that case would be for him to keep his homophobia in his own house.

I think he should get on the same plane as the wanke_r the OP observed

answer ... 'never'

Ever been attacked by a yabbad up girl ?? Or had a girl armed with a knife come at you ??

I am in no way defending beating up a woman but theres most definitely times when when your right of self defence comes in.. I had a buddy who had a completely irrational 'big face' local Thai wife.. I have seen her come at him with a stanley knife, smash a house and contents to bits, etc etc..

As to the OP. I am in doubtful of its accuracy.. Low post count people and the font choice being identical to this troll bait just posted http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Marriage-Sin...ml#entry2548384 by another low post counter.

answer ... 'never'

Ever been attacked by a yabbad up girl ?? Or had a girl armed with a knife come at you ??

I am in no way defending beating up a woman but theres most definitely times when when your right of self defence comes in.. I had a buddy who had a completely irrational 'big face' local Thai wife.. I have seen her come at him with a stanley knife, smash a house and contents to bits, etc etc..

As to the OP. I am in doubtful of its accuracy.. Low post count people and the font choice being identical to this troll bait just posted http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Marriage-Sin...ml#entry2548384 by another low post counter.

again ... 'never'

regarding your friend with the "big face local Thai wife" ... like hitting her would help?

But simply .. 'never' -- If you are amongst 'yabaad up girls' then you are the issue aren't you?

I cannot imagine a scenario where that would be allowed to happen without hoards of locals joining in on the side of the two girls to beat the two farangs to a pulp or worse. No offense to the OP but the story seems incomplete somehow.

Hi

I am Farang and i get drunk sometimes, do you want to kick me out???

Me too :o:D

Only in self defence if she is using a weapon.

Those who are saying "never". Get real.

so you are gonna bring a fist to a gun fight?

I have never found myself in a situation where I needed to hit a woman (though once I did have yo grab a woman that was flailing away at me and hold her for a minute or two until she calmed down.)

Then again I don't hang out with people that do drugs or hang out in areas like Bangla etc ....

answer ... 'never'

again ... 'never'

regarding your friend with the "big face local Thai wife" ... like hitting her would help?

But simply .. 'never' -- If you are amongst 'yabaad up girls' then you are the issue aren't you?

So you give up the right to self defence ??

I cannot imagine a scenario where that would be allowed to happen without hoards of locals joining in on the side of the two girls to beat the two farangs to a pulp or worse. No offense to the OP but the story seems incomplete somehow.

Exactly my thoughts..

At any time in Bangla zone where a farang was being aggressive with any Thai the thais have generally stomped them.. I cant imagine that not being the case and moreso when Thai female v Farang male.

answer ... 'never'

again ... 'never'

So you give up the right to self defence ??

Read it again :o There is simply not a situation I have been in or could imagine being in that would require me hitting a woman. I don't hang out with hookers ... drug users etc .... and do not frequent those areas of town (any town).

Now ... your friend's "Big Face local Thai wife" --- would hitting her help? (Now be real ---- you know that if she was in fact an important local woman then hitting her could have severe consequences --- as you suggest a farang hitting a Thai woman would have in Bangla)

Only in self defence if she is using a weapon.

so you are gonna bring a fist to a gun fight?

I have never found myself in a situation where I needed to hit a woman (though once I did have yo grab a woman that was flailing away at me and hold her for a minute or two until she calmed down.)

Then again I don't hang out with people that do drugs or hang out in areas like Bangla etc ....

Then maybe you havent had as many relationship with Thai women..

Thais seem (to me) to totally over react and commit acts in a rage that defy all rationality.. I suspect its got something to do with bottling it up and not showing emotion until too late.. But either way I have seen and had collections of incidents of total insanity and women trying to commit acts of violence or destruction of property for small reasons.

And that doesnt just apply to bar girls.. The real locals (southern) are even hotter headed. As I said with a woman coming at you with a stanley knife slashing at your face, your just going to turn the other cheek ??

I had a knife pulled on me by a woman in a club when I was braking up a fight between her boyfriend and another guy (was working at the time), did I hit her? dam_n right I did and i would do it again, the "never" bridgade don't know what they are talking about, it's all about reasonable force. As for beating a girl to a pulp and elbowing her in the back of the head, well that is unreasonable force. Simple really isn't it?

I had a knife pulled on me by a woman in a club when I was braking up a fight between her boyfriend and another guy (was working at the time), did I hit her? dam_n right I did and i would do it again, the "never" bridgade don't know what they are talking about, it's all about reasonable force. As for beating a girl to a pulp and elbowing her in the back of the head, well that is unreasonable force. Simple really isn't it?

Seems to be that was your JOB. As for it being justification, possibly but just as likely was that you failed to control the situation without allowing it to escalate.

I was patrolling in Bangla last night with Thai volunteers, but heard of no incident. What time did it occur?

There are also 2,500 US navy guys in town. I wonder whether some of these guys were responsible - if the incident occurred, (no offence to you or to US Navy guys, but last year there were a couple of vicious incidents during the US visit...)

Simon

exactly. they think they are the gentlemen but are living in a dream world.

people do crazy things when they are angry or hot blooded, including women.

the victim may be in the safest neibourhood and yet an attack may be unprovoked from anywhere.

likely, no. possible yes.

striking in self defence , never? there may be no other option except death or serious injury.

Reason for edit: Comments about non-hetros deleted.

:o:D:D

first it was homosexuals , then it was queers , then gays , then men who have sex with men , now it is non heteros !!

whatever next ??

anyway , about hitting women.

never acceptable , i cant understand why the guys werent set upon by locals , hopefully the police will have had their way with them before locking them up.

Reason for edit: Comments about non-hetros deleted.

:o:D:D

first it was homosexuals , then it was queers , then gays , then men who have sex with men , now it is non heteros !!

Does that make me a non-homosexual to be PC or can I still call myself hetero? I'm confused