Savarnabumi Transit And Hotel Recommendation Please

cecco

I am going to BKK in two weeks, by bus from Chiang Mai.

I am looking for staying in BKK 1 or 2 nights before I live. I wanted to stay near the airport.

Can somebody recommend a couple good hotels in the area, under 800-1500 baht a night, with promotional pricing?

Can you give me a telephone number and maybe a link?

The booking agencies, including thaivisa, read NOTHING we write to them, and they all want deposits. I won't make a deposit in Thailand ever again. They aren't honored by the hotel anyway if/when they are full any more than if you make no deposit at all, they are merely to give these booking agencies guaranteed commissions without accountability.

So, can somebody please give me some ideas of where to stay for 1 or 2 nights, and what kind of promo deals might be available? (With a fone number for the hotel directly).

I have stayed at the Silver Gold Garden Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Bangkok a couple of times and find it ok for the money. They will pick you up and drop you off at the airport for free. It is a new hotel and very near to the airport but otherwise in the middle of nowhere. If you do a search for the hotel name you will get a bunch of booking agencies but you will also see they have their own website so you can book right with them for 900 baht a night. I don't know about any promotional pricing, there are cheaper places to stay but the free airport trips make it worth it for me.

I have stayed at the Silver Gold Garden Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Bangkok a couple of times and find it ok for the money. They will pick you up and drop you off at the airport for free. It is a new hotel and very near to the airport but otherwise in the middle of nowhere. If you do a search for the hotel name you will get a bunch of booking agencies but you will also see they have their own website so you can book right with them for 900 baht a night. I don't know about any promotional pricing, there are cheaper places to stay but the free airport trips make it worth it for me.

I'm a repeat Silver Gold Garden hotel user, as well. Usually, the rate is B850, but a couple times I noticed when checking availability (but ended up not booking) that it was quoted at B1050.

The site I used to use, charges a B100 booking fee and prepays a 10% downpayment: http://www.latestays.com. Most days are availble for B850 (including 10% service charge and 7% VAT).

The site I used last time too book prepaid the entire B850, but didn't charge a booking fee: http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/silvergold/

As MisterBean mentioned, there are a bunch of other booking agencies that handle the Silver Gold Garden, as well, so perhaps you can find the B850 rate with no pre-payment. Unless you are into fitness, request a room on the ground or second floor -- it's a four-floor walk-up building. And, although it is in the middle of no place, there is a Tesco Express and another minimart just in front of the hotel. There is a mini-refrigerator in the room with two bottles of complimentary bottled water.

[edited to remove comment about B500 rate ... I re-read the chart, and that's for a "5 hours FRESH UP rate (DAY USE ONLY - overnight stay not permitted)"]

Edited by wpcoe

Not sure how to take the reply from this hotel last week.

I emailed the hotel direct for a room 1night only.

Reply B1200 when i replyed this rate is higer than the web site, a reply from them 3days latter was "Please reserved at website" their words.

Yes i know the deals are different with on line stuff. This is just my experance for info. Cheers