New Ford Ranger

yadetout

Hello everybody,

What do you think about it?

:o

I think in 5 years it may be hard to find *any* ford replacement parts for it.

I think you are wrong BUT if that should happen, Mazda parts will work just fine.

I'm glad that at least Ford have enought balls to build Pick Up Trucks wich looks different than the usual boring Japanese stuff, like Vigo and Company. At least Ford looks american. Ford Wild Track is the only Pick Up Truck here in LOS wich i would consider to buy. Techically it's all the same Ford Toyota Mitsu, Nissan,: A four banger noisy ratteling Diesel engine. To bad there in no V8 built. So Ford is not more or less sh..t than eny other Pick Up Truck and for some peaple who don't know: Ford is Mazda so it is Japanese Techonlgy. For me are Ford Picks No.1, Chevrolet No.2, Nissan Navara No.3. The rest i would never ever consider to buy.

its just another antique wrapped up in a modern body, crap live rear axles and 3 speed autos.

why do people buy this sh1t

I wouldn't buy a truck with an automatic transmission, BUT, the Ford Ranger happens to have a five speed automatic. I judge a diesel engine by how many kilometers it will go on a liter of diesel. The Ranger is second ONLY to Isuzu. Toyota happens to have the worst fuel economy. With a five year or 100,000 kilometer warranty, I don't see any reliability risk for the Ranger.

I judge a diesel engine by how many kilometers it will go on a liter of diesel. The Ranger is second ONLY to Isuzu. Toyota happens to have the worst fuel economy

You also have to count value of Ford and Toyota after 3 years

I'm glad that at least Ford have enought balls to build Pick Up Trucks wich looks different than the usual boring Japanese stuff, like Vigo and Company.

Hmm, current Ford models look exactly like generic trucks designed ten-fifteen years ago, totally indistiguishable from Mazda/Nissan/Chevrolet/Tata or Isuzu (ok, Isuzu's got unique headlights). Toyota and Mitsu still stand out in that crowd, and the new Ford in the OP is now appears to be finally going in the same direction.

When Vigo, and especially Triton, were first unveiled, they were radically different from anything else we see on the roads. When Ford unveils its new trucks - its always same old, same old.

Colorado looked great with its two-tiered headlights but now it also went for conventional look.

Don't judge locally produced models by truck designs you used to see in the US. Dodge would look truly revolutionary here, for example.

"Wildtrack" model at the show is not likely to make it into production. Similarly Mitsu had a real Dacar rally truck to preview for its Triton at a similar show a few years back.

The new Ranger looks good to me and I'll probably buy one. The 5 speed auto gearbox is the key factor and I wont buy a Vigo simply because it does not (1) have the 5 speed auto and (2) you can't ordinarily get a white one - both available with Ford. Also to note, the +/- 80,000 baht less for the Ford 4 door / 4 x 4 / 3 ltr / auto vs the same Vigo. Its true that the resale value of the Ranger will be less than the Vigo but I can live with that. Also, my two four year old 3 ltr Ford Escapes have been great vehicles and the Ford service at Ford (Srinakarin Rd) service has also been great.

• 2 weeks later...

:o:D

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings there is just about every type

of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I

used some of the parts to make my babington wvo bu

:D

Looks like a Vigo. If you can't beat them, join them...

Big American gas guzzling pickups only appeal to Americans with cheap oil and no regard for the environment or the world running out of oil.

The thing about a pickup is there is nothing radical under the skin, so thus just face lifting them to keep up sales makes sense. They were using steel leaf springs back in the days of horses and carts :o

Have seen 2 on the roads...

Both time at a distance I thought it was the Tata Xenon

Is that the total number of Xenons that have been sold as well?

( I did see a Xenon once in a Tesco car park. )

Looks like a Vigo. If you can't beat them, join them...

Big American gas guzzling pickups only appeal to Americans with cheap oil and no regard for the environment or the world running out of oil.

No, not only Americans. I'm Swiss and personally like them too and i wouldn't buy a Pick Up truck if he doesn't have a V8. I know it's not economical, but i like the smooth ride and the deep V8 sound much better than a ratteling 4 banger diesel. Some peaple have different taste. The Pick Up Market in Thailand is to narrow. doesn't matter what you buy overhere, technical it's all the same boring thing.