Laws On Common Law Wifes

paulfaz

Having been married before (Thai), lost quite a lot of Baht and now Divorced, free and Single, but thinking of letting another one in through the front door.

The problem is i have my own house and car etc. up in Khon Kaen. (in a male Thai Friends name) and the smell of money is a strong attractant for Thai girls. If having cohabited as bf/gf with a new girl can she lay claim to these or anything else for that matter, or can i pay her off with what i think is fair ? After the mandatory knife throwing act etc.

I work away 5 week and back to Thailand 5 weeks, if she stays in the house when i am here, but doesn't when i am away and i give her a monthly allowance, then surely this would work out fine - In theory - Yeah Right :o

Once bitten, twice shy, blah di blah....

When does a gf become a common law wife by Thai law ?

Any ideas ?

Edited by paulfaz

Having been married before (Thai), lost quite a lot of Baht and now Divorced, free and Single, but thinking of letting another one in through the front door.

The problem is i have my own house and car etc. up in Khon Kaen. (in a male Thai Friends name) and the smell of money is a strong attractant for Thai girls. If having cohabited as bf/gf with a new girl can she lay claim to these or anything else for that matter, or can i pay her off with what i think is fair ? After the mandatory knife throwing act etc.

I work away 5 week and back to Thailand 5 weeks, if she stays in the house when i am here, but doesn't when i am away and i give  her a monthly allowance, then surely this would work out fine - In theory - Yeah Right :o

Once bitten, twice shy, blah di blah....

When does a gf become a common law wife by Thai law ?

Any ideas ?

My wife says that thai people do not understand the concept of 'common law wife' - i think you are safe !! As long as you are not married she cannot get anything.

I'd be more worried about the male thai friend - you must trust him a lot ?

Thanks for the info,

Good to hear that i wouldn't be legally obliged. Not that i am averse to occasional bouts of fairness. Just need to cover your own ar*e.

The last temporary Live-in smashed a bottle on my head and broke into the house twice on the same day !!!! A quick visit from the boys in brown fixed that one.

The Guy has been my best fishing buddy for 6 years, he will go against Thai opinion in my defence, i am lucky to have him as a friend and i trust him like a brother.

Dont get married again, the risk/reward is not there

Play the field, play their games and come out on top.....

Dont trust any of them

Lay down the rules, they break one, throw er out and get a new one, easily done

chok dee

Nam

Edited by Nam Kao