Baby Registered And Passport

offset

I need to get my baby registered and a UK passport can this be done at Jomtien with the one man consular service or do I need to go to the Embassy in Bangkok

I recently did this exercise. Barry K. signed the back of my daughters passport photo and the form you need to complete. Wife,daughter & I went to Bkk. just incase.

This was during the airport fiasco and was informed possible delay.

Both passport and birth certificate we returned to uplift 7 days later after getting a phone call after 5 days confirming approval.

So at 8 years of age she has both full Thai passport, translated birth certificates, British Birth and Passport.

Edited by MP5

MP5, can you clarify please?

You said Barry K notarised the picture and paperwork at his Jomtien Hon Consular Office but you and wife went to the Embassy in BKK "just incase"?

If there's no airport disruption or other pressures, can Barry K forward on the completed paperwork to the Embassy WITHOUT the applicants making a day trip as well?

"returned to uplift 7 days later after getting a phone call after 5 days confirming approval." Does that mean you went and collected the passport and BC from the Embassy in BKK personally or from Barry K's consular office in Jomtien?

What I am getting at, can it be 100% processed via Barry K or is the Embassy trip unavoidable?

Thanks,

MP5, can you clarify please?

You said Barry K notarised the picture and paperwork at his Jomtien Hon Consular Office but you and wife went to the Embassy in BKK "just incase"?

If there's no airport disruption or other pressures, can Barry K forward on the completed paperwork to the Embassy WITHOUT the applicants making a day trip as well?

"returned to uplift 7 days later after getting a phone call after 5 days confirming approval." Does that mean you went and collected the passport and BC from the Embassy in BKK personally or from Barry K's consular office in Jomtien?

What I am getting at, can it be 100% processed via Barry K or is the Embassy trip unavoidable?

Thanks,

I'm out of the country otherwise I'd link up with you either by phone or personally.

I think your best option is just go and see Barry down at the office in Jomtien.

You can do the whole thing via him and the EMS postal service I know for sure if you want to take that route.

I personally wanted to go Bkk. so we combined chores

Oh! The other reason was it just seemed easier to pay cash!

Both times we went to Bangkok to drop off the application and uplift the Birth Certificate and Passport it was an early Christmas present for my daughter.

Another note we spent no longer than 15 minutes both times waiting for the number to be called, delivering the application, early in the morning paying the fees and again to uplift the documents straight after lunch.

It was a breeze and I have always had prompt no hassle service.

Hope this helps

Good luck

I am reasonable sure that you need to go the Embassy in Bangkok but suggest you check on the Embassy website in case they have changed the rules with the opening of the new office in Jomtien. The website is also helpful for downloading the forms and checking which documents etc you need take - which they are very strict about .... don't go to the Embassy without them or you will be rejected.

I am reasonable sure that you need to go the Embassy in Bangkok but suggest you check on the Embassy website in case they have changed the rules with the opening of the new office in Jomtien. The website is also helpful for downloading the forms and checking which documents etc you need take - which they are very strict about .... don't go to the Embassy without them or you will be rejected.

One does not have to go to Bangkok, if you check the web site you will see the procedures required.

Having had 2 passports issued personally both from Bkk. One had to be renewed early because it was issued in 2002 and did not comply wiith the new USA visa requirements ie: machine readable.

So in all 3 Passports myself, daughters and her Birth Certificate I think I can speak with experience.

Reasonably sure is not correct!

Respectfully MP5