Overcrowded?

Hello! I was just wondering if Koh Samui is owercrowded these days. I am heading on that side beginning of February.. and I heard all the people are now redirecting and going to Koh Samui instead of the west coast.

Any information?

I'm actualy more interested in situation on Ko Phangan then Ko Samui..

i had contact to a diving teacher on phangan 5 day before. he told its pretty hard to get a room these days (because of the peoples who redircted from the westcoast).

i also go to samui/phangan end of january and contact a few reasorts on both islands: i had free choice - it was no problem to get a room.

greetz, heikozi

Thanx. Well, I am going on small budget, so we were thinking of renting beach bungalows (cheaper ones) for which I can't make online reservation. And also we were thinking on going to more quiet places.. so I guess we can just hope to find something.

There is no chance on making reservation for those beach bungalows right?

No, they will not take reservations, unless you have their phone number and know them personally.

Unless you are coming around full moon you should have no problem. We have bungalows on Ban Kai beach and we aren't full nor are our neighbors. I should say that it seems pretty normal for this time of year (and month) on Koh Phangan. Getting a few more families and a few more older people than usual but it is certainly not crowded.