Furniture Index

rickthailand

hi i am moving to Chiang mai soon and I have rented an unfurnished house and obviously I have to buy a lot

of furniture. now i saw many advertisements from Index and they seem quit cheap. my question is how is the quality

of their furniture. as i don't want to have to replace everything after using it for 1 year or so. Or does anyone know any other

furniture shops in Chang Mai? also I am looking to buy a brand new automatic yamaha motorbike any recommondations

for good shops I am going to live in san sai noi thanks

rick

hi i am moving to Chiang mai soon and I have rented an unfurnished house and obviously I have to buy a lot

of furniture. now i saw many advertisements from Index and they seem quit cheap. my question is how is the quality

of their furniture. as i don't want to have to replace everything after using it for 1 year or so. Or does anyone know any other

furniture shops in Chang Mai? also I am looking to buy a brand new automatic yamaha motorbike any recommondations

for good shops I am going to live in san sai noi thanks

rick

Index furniture is so so....not highest quality to be perfectly honest.

As for bike, post your question here, many bikers there who can give you reliable advice:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bikes-Thailand-f117.html

furniture shops in Chang Mai? .....

As mentioned by a previous poster, Index quality is so-so, they have a lot of stuff that looks like IKEA, which explains the price and quality; overall I would say that it is no worse than SB or any other furniture place, but more attractive for anyone preferring European-style furniture.

You could also take a trip down to Baan Tawai, near Hang Dong, where they have good quality furniture (real wood) at very affortdable prices.

I think my first mass purchase of furniture was from SB. It did not last through the first moving.

Lately I have been happier buying from Jahm (?) Furniture, on the superhighway heading south toward Lamphun/Lampang. It is right after Carrefour and a pet supply shop, on your left on the frontage road. They even had a computer table custom-made for me, and insisted it be made right.

We just bought a new Yamaha Elegance 135 automatic. Great bike, but over 50,000.

I think my first mass purchase of furniture was from SB. It did not last through the first moving.

Lately I have been happier buying from Jahm (?) Furniture, on the superhighway heading south toward Lamphun/Lampang. It is right after Carrefour and a pet supply shop, on your left on the frontage road. They even had a computer table custom-made for me, and insisted it be made right.

We just bought a new Yamaha Elegance 135 automatic. Great bike, but over 50,000.

"Chan" Furniture PB. And I thought that their stuff was quite average.

Index is also mostly average but they do have a bit of better quality stuff.

Yamaha motorcycle, the GF has had two from the dealer on "walking street" about 250 - 350 metres on the right heading west away from Thapae Gate. She seems to like them.