20 Gauge Shotgun Is Designed For Children

Samuiclaudia

Pennsylvania boy, 11, charged with murder of father's pregnant girlfriend

Jordan Brown accused of killing woman and unborn child

Jordan Brown, 11-year-old charged with killing his father's pregnant girlfriend in Pennsylvania. Photograph: Lawrence County Prison/AP

An 11-year-old American boy has been charged with killing his father's pregnant girlfriend with his hunting gun as she lay in bed at the family farmhouse in Pennsylvania.

Jordan Brown is alleged to have shot 26-year-old Kenzie Marie Houk, who was eight months pregnant, before catching the school bus on Friday morning, according to the Lawrence County district attorney, John Bongivengo.

Her family and friends said there had been tensions between her and the boy.

"There was an issue with jealousy," said Kenzie Marie's brother-in-law, Jason Kraner, 34.

Bongivengo said Jason was charged with criminal homicide and the criminal homicide of an unborn child and was being held in Lawrence County jail. A preliminary hearing is set for Thursday.

The case has highlighted growing concerns about children's access to firearms.

The fifth-grader was picked up from school on Friday by Pennsylvania state police after they found Kenzie Marie's body. Her four-year-old daughter had told tree cutters on the property that she thought her mother was dead, Bongivengo said.

On Saturday, Jordan told police he had seen a suspicious black truck, causing investigators to look into a false lead for about five hours.

Inconsistencies in Jason's description of the vehicle led police to re-interview the victim's seven-year-old daughter, who implicated the boy in the killing, the attorney said.

"She didn't actually eyewitness the shooting. She saw him with what she believed to be a shotgun and heard a loud bang," Bongivengo said. He said the shotgun was found in what police believed was the boy's bedroom.

The youth model 20-gauge shotgun, which is said to have belonged to Jordan, is designed for children and such weapons do not have to be registered.

Jordan's attorney, Dennis Elisco, said the evidence pointed to the gunshot wound being "consistent" with the boy's hunting gun, but he wanted to see stronger proof.

"I believe Jordan did not do this and I'm looking forward to seeing the physical evidence to see if it matches with what I think happened," he said after talking to the boy in jail.

Police said they had no motive for the shooting, and Bongivengo would not say whether the boy confessed.

"An 11-year-old kid, what would give him the motive to shoot someone?" Kenzie Marie's father, Jack, asked. "Maybe he was just jealous of my daughter and the baby and thought he would be overpowered."

Jack Houk said the boy and his father used to practise shooting behind their farmhouse and the pair enjoyed hunting together.

He said he did not know of any recent problems between the boy and his daughter, but there had been "some tension" in the beginning. Houk said his daughter had been working hard to forge a relationship with the boy.

Is it only the USA that sells shotguns designed for children?

Designed for children... thats too perverse to consider it literal right? I mean I had a hunting rifle at 14 in Australia, but 11 with a shotgun, thats a big piece of weapon... At least mine I was restricted to 22 caliber and could only obtain one at 14 and 9 months after weeks of tests and registrations.

Poor woman and child, but I have no sympathy whatsoever for the murderer or the father, what a bunch of fuc_king idiots. Who gives their child their own firearm/weapon?

As for firearms for children, if this is true, it's quite sick really isn't it? Dosen't say much for a country which allows/promotes this.

Designed for children... thats too perverse to consider it literal right? I mean I had a hunting rifle at 14 in Australia, but 11 with a shotgun, thats a big piece of weapon... At least mine I was restricted to 22 caliber and could only obtain one at 14 and 9 months after weeks of tests and registrations.

You,being a young lad,would not have seen the amount of guns that used to be available to young people in Aus.A 20g was common because it had less kick then the 12g,and as such was fairly easy to handle for a youngster.Then,one day came along a big bad wolf and took all our guns away...So only the criminals had them...Good on ya,howard. :o

Poor woman and child, but I have no sympathy whatsoever for the murderer or the father, what a bunch of fuc_king idiots. Who gives their child their own firearm/weapon?

As for firearms for children, if this is true, it's quite sick really isn't it? Dosen't say much for a country which allows/promotes this.

"the right to bear arms'is written in the constitution"and that will never change(people have tried i'm sure),and look how these african idiots(lords army etc)recruit boys into their armies.how embarrasing to be killed by a warped twerp(generalising here ok)

absolutely nothing to do with Thailand

Why exactly does everything posted have to be specifically about Thailand?

The poster is obviousley comfortable with this forum, maybe he likes the majoritory of people on here, and would like to discuss something else with them other than getting pissed and bar girls?

Have a word mate.

absolutely nothing to do with Thailand

Why exactly does everything posted have to be specifically about Thailand?

The poster is obviousley comfortable with this forum, maybe he likes the majoritory of people on here, and would like to discuss something else with them other than getting pissed and bar girls?

Have a word mate.

Maybe you missed that this forum is about Thailand :o There are a million places to discuss pro-anti gun control on the web.