Driving School In Pattaya

Thailaw

Thai g/f wants to learn to drive a car and get a car license. She has driven a motorbike for several years and appears to be competent and safe -- she has a motorbike license. Can someone please recommend (with contact information, please) a driving school that is reputable and reasonable in the Pattaya area. We live on the Dark Side, but loaction is not a dominant factor. A guarantee of a license before payment would be great, but perhaps too much to expect. Thanks.

Sorry I don't have contact details, but my g/f used a place on Pattaya Klang, just past Foodland if you are coming from Suk on the LHS - yellow signs outside and you will see road signs attached to the wall inside the open fronted shop.

This was a couple of years ago but we paid 6,000 for 20 hours instruction (including using the car for the test), with a guarantee that if she did not pass she would have free lessons until she did.

I was a bit sceptical to say the least, but they were really very good, and her driving skills now are excellent. She also was riding a bike before so had some road awareness.

There was an option to learn in an auto for a little extra, but I made her do the manual. You will probably get alot of p1sstakers on this thread but I would highly recommend them. At the end of the day it's not alot more expensive than 'buying' a license, but she is safe now, and apart from the odd car park scratch has not had an accident in the last 2 years (.........furiously touches wood) :o

Also I reckon I must have recouped the initial outlay in taxi fares by now.

Sorry dont have the numbers, but if you go up to the Pattaya Sports Stadium on Chaiyapruek 2, you will see some people getting tuition most days (they use the huge car park!), some of the cars and pick ups have the phone numbers on them. :o

Thanks to each of you for the suggestions. The school on Pattaya Kland across from Foodland seems to have been used by several Thai women in the area -- all have licenses and seem generally satisfied. So, given that and your generally positive experience, it looks like a good place to start. If for any reason that one doesn't work out, I guess we'll head to the stadium for more names and numbers.

Sorry dont have the numbers, but if you go up to the Pattaya Sports Stadium on Chaiyapruek 2, you will see some people getting tuition most days (they use the huge car park!), some of the cars and pick ups have the phone numbers on them. :o

This is my wife's cousin ( and in-law). It is called Rewat Driving School and the number is 087-1455799.

They are on Thepprasit rd. a few meters away from Soi Korpai/Soi 6. My wife will be in the office to answer calls during business hours and speaks English reasonably well.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...
Sorry I don't have contact details, but my g/f used a place on Pattaya Klang, just past Foodland if you are coming from Suk on the LHS - yellow signs outside and you will see road signs attached to the wall inside the open fronted shop.

This was a couple of years ago but we paid 6,000 for 20 hours instruction (including using the car for the test), with a guarantee that if she did not pass she would have free lessons until she did.

I was a bit sceptical to say the least, but they were really very good, and her driving skills now are excellent. She also was riding a bike before so had some road awareness.

There was an option to learn in an auto for a little extra, but I made her do the manual. You will probably get alot of p1sstakers on this thread but I would highly recommend them. At the end of the day it's not alot more expensive than 'buying' a license, but she is safe now, and apart from the odd car park scratch has not had an accident in the last 2 years (.........furiously touches wood) :o

Also I reckon I must have recouped the initial outlay in taxi fares by now.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Took my girl to that place as she also needed to learn to drive car and also asked if they could organise license for me, could not be bothered to go through the hassle myself(prefer just to pay, if you know what i mean)

Cut the story short, with my license they charged 5500 for motorcycle and 3500 for car, for my girl 6500 for car(including lessons) and 2500 for motorcycle(she has been riding around without out)

We were told to come back next day early morning.

Sale day later got a call not to come next day, but come day after in the afternoon.

We came in the afternoon.

They advised my girl that it is better to buy her car license and after they will teach her, and for me-same day they could also buy car license for me, but for motorcycle in 2week.

Obviously told them it was not acceptable for both of us.

Knowing my girl, if she had the license she would never learn how to drive, but would just jump in the car and start driving and it is bad enough as it is on the road with thai drivers.

Anyhow, asked for the money back and told them was not interested.

Well it started with the excuses (as they always do) then to no money, then to boss has the money, but she has already gone to Isaan, then to they already paid for the license and would refund only half, then back and forwards again.

Me being me and really not caring raising voice or what they think of me, i did raise my voice and told them to F U and FO

Only then they managed to find the money and refund all. Mind you not even an apology.

So avoid avoid avoid.