Cool Vest

ray23

Ok got mine today gave it it's first try between 1300 & 1500. It works seems to keep core body temp down. I had the Joe Rocket jacket over it. It felt a little damp but not uncomfortable. Heat index over 100F barely broke a sweat that is very unusual for me. I was in direct sunlight at slow speeds around town

My guess is each time you fuel up or take break it woudld be a good idea to soak it down again.

Makes a huge difference. Everywhere except my chest and back were hot as can be. Thy also make a doo rag I think it would be worth investing in both.

This doesn't mean that you will be like in aircon but it does make it bearable

More reports to follow as I use it.

Cost with shipping was 130 Dollars 1100 baht import tax.

So far not sorry I spent the money, I think we got real hot one coming this year.

Ok got mine today gave it it's first try between 1300 & 1500. It works seems to keep core body temp down. I had the Joe Rocket jacket over it. It felt a little damp but not uncomfortable. Heat index over 100F barely broke a sweat that is very unusual for me. I was in direct sunlight at slow speeds around town

My guess is each time you fuel up or take break it woudld be a good idea to soak it down again.

Makes a huge difference. Everywhere except my chest and back were hot as can be. Thy also make a doo rag I think it would be worth investing in both.

This doesn't mean that you will be like in aircon but it does make it bearable

More reports to follow as I use it.

Cost with shipping was 130 Dollars 1100 baht import tax.

So far not sorry I spent the money, I think we got real hot one coming this year.

How about a photo and company contact info!

http://www.coolingapparel.com/shop/vest/MCV.html

There are photos on the site.

I don't want to recommend it before I get to try it longer then one day. But up to you.

Just a heads up for you guys, the owner of this company wanted me to order them for the ride list about 40 guys. I think you can negoaite the price is you can get enough guys with interest.

I wanted the vest not to get into all that, but I think it can be done. But it can't be done through me I have no connection nor do I want one :o

Edited by ray23

Normally I soak my undershirt and balaclava in water before I ride when it's hot, keeps me cool, if it's really hot I pour some water over my mesh jacket as well every now and again at fuel stops etc. Drink a lot of water and hydration salts people when it's hot as now. wet balaclava helps the core temp a LOT as the main arteries passing through the neck get chilled down and keep you from heat stroke.

Interesting with the thingy you bought ray23 keep testing and post results when you feel confident in it. Surely makes a lot of sense.

Cheers Bard

I'll keep posting on it and we will se where it Goes. The only thing I cna say now i it sems to work. Those guys who saw me at Khon Kean know I drenched in sweat instantly. I came from a dry climate. So if it works on me it will work for anybody.

Took the cool vest out agian today, this time I followed the directions worked fine. I wore a long sleve cotton shirt under it. It got a bit damp but in all honesty I think it helped the cooling efffect and didn't bother me one bit I've been told I can put patches on it by the manufactor so it's off for patches this evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Udon Temps today

Today

High: 97°F

RealFeel®: 107°F

Sunrise: 6:23 AM

Well I have I used it for several weeks now. It really helps especially when your moving. It does feel a bit damp. But in all honesty that seems to help in the cooling.

I guess the best way to describe is like when you have hit some rain and you get the cooling effect of wet clothing but not that wet.

They have cap and do rags avialable I know it works so I have ordered that as well.

People who are interested I would try to sit up a group buy and get the costs down

Hey Ray,

How long did it take for the package to come to you after ordering, and what size did you get and does it fit you snug? I remember meeting you at the Orchid in KK, - yes, you looked hot - but then, it was scorching and during the peak heat of the day.

Something like this could be a great help over the next few months, and I'd be interested in a group buy if there's enough interest from others in the next week.

Cheers,

Grant.

• 2 weeks later...
Normally I soak my undershirt and balaclava in water before I ride when it's hot, keeps me cool, if it's really hot I pour some water over my mesh jacket as well every now and again at fuel stops etc. Drink a lot of water and hydration salts people when it's hot as now. wet balaclava helps the core temp a LOT as the main arteries passing through the neck get chilled down and keep you from heat stroke.

Interesting with the thingy you bought ray23 keep testing and post results when you feel confident in it. Surely makes a lot of sense.

Cheers Bard

When on a long hot trip I buy "pai yen" cold cloths at petrol stops....... it's really nice to have a cold rub down with one, and then wrap it on the back of your neck under your jacket collar! And when you're done with it.... great little cloth for cleaning headlight & indicator lenses!

For really hot sweaty tours, nothing beats a bottle of water straight from the chiller and poured over your head!!

(And a sheepskin seat cover goes a long way to preventing a sweaty arse! :o )