Help Needed Please

brian272727

I think it says 'learn how to use a translator'

actually .. it is an apology for not doing something ... I didn't quite get the ending (glue?)

with no other referents I would assume she was saying she couldn't/cannot because of no money ... but it is slangy/dialectic/poorly constructed if that is the meaning

actually Thai2English did a good job with that ..

I plugged it in for the end part (tang plus the gggg) just to see what it came up with (that's where glue came from ...)

I assume that it is tang (short for satang/$$) but ... with no referents for all I know it IS glue :o

I don't think its related to glue. Its a relationship thing.

I get Puzzled, Confused, Tangled, which would make sense,

What if you remove the multiple characters at the end?

ฉันขอโทษฉันไม่ได้ตัง

I did remove them ... thinking that it was just an exaggeration about $

leaving out the tang at the end there ....

I am sorry I didn't ---

Quick synopsis:

She is a friend, I texted her earlier and her boyfriend texted me back, "Please don't contact me again, Bye"

I know it was her boyfriend as its perfect English.

Could it be

I am sorry, I didn't text you???

Or

I am sorry for confusing you???

Or

I am sorry I am confused???

Is it ccnfirmed "I am sorry I didn't ..."

Edited by brian272727

Actually the last part is just an emphasis and how some Thais will write it informally and is ตั้งใจ, the mai to is missing above the in the first post. Means intentionally and in this case, not intentionally in context with the previous words.

I looked at "intend" ... but again it was a bit slangy for me and without the Mai Toh .... oh well ... :o

So it could be very informal .. sms tend to be but ....

"I am sorry I didn't mean to confuse..." (yes ... oddly phrased but to make you confused/confuse you/add to your confusion would have been longer.)

If Tywais is correct (and I would bet that he is!) then tang ( ตัง ) is short/dialectic/slang and with a typo for tangjai = intend to/ mean to and ngong ( งงงงง ) is confuse ( งง is confuse and the extra letters are for emphasis)

Edited by jdinasia

I looked at "intend" ... but again it was a bit slangy for me and without the Mai Toh .... oh well ... :D

Yes, a bit slangy - something like a student would write. Also I thought about the SMS or possibly off a chat room. :o Yeah, the Mai Toh makes a big difference.

Thanks guys, appreciated...

So what does it say then with emphasis?

dtang seems to translate as confused or tangled???

As Tywais said, I would take the last word to be a shortened (misspelled) and emphasized version of ต้้งใจ "mean to." So it would translate loosely as "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...(insert context)"

I looked at "intend" ... but again it was a bit slangy for me and without the Mai Toh .... oh well ... :D

Yes, a bit slangy - something like a student would write. Also I thought about the SMS or possibly off a chat room. :o Yeah, the Mai Toh makes a big difference.

I do pretty well with written Thai, but it tends to be newspapers, articles, publications and even subtitles that I am exposed to most. (strangely subtitles are the easiest because you 'gist them' and then they are gone .. no time to tear them apart and second guess) That leaves out poorly crafted and misspelled love notes on msn ..... sad huh!

I honestly wish that my partner of the last 5+ years hadn't have been fluent in English when we met ... it really did slow down my informal Thai language acquisition.

ฉันขอโทษฉันไม่ได้ตังงงงงง

Means "I am sorry i did not get money"

confirmed :-)

There is a song by bodyslim คนมีตัง[ค์]....

ตัง is not ตั้งใจ..... and no one will get it as ตั้งใจ....if the ใจ is missing....

Edited by aircut

I also think it means: I am sorry, I didn't get money.

Ditto, because the syntax supports ตาง and because someone said that there is a song with that misspelling in circulation.

Does ไม่ได้ตั้งใจ mean I can not make a commitment? In which case it would only be a อ้ ใจ missing, plus the addition of some งงง which could imply more uncertainty. ตั้ง meaning to stand up for oneself. Long stretch I admit.

Being sorry not to get the money is a funny thing to say, I mean is it her fault?

Edited by tgeezer

ตัง is not ตั้งใจ..... and no one will get it as ตั้งใจ....if the ใจ is missing....

However it is spelled ตังค์ and is slang for สตางค์, though it could be another spelling error. If the spelling of the original post is correct then perhaps it is saying "I can not make money" . However as for "no one will get it", I asked three Thais at the university today and they all agreed it probably means ตั้งใจ. One reason they indicate is that ไม่ไดตัง is improper Thai. But the answer is all in the context.

//edit - I believe I will concede to the meaning "I didn't get money" because when you say it out loud, the extra s sounds like someone who may be frustrated or pleading. :o

However it is spelled ตังค์ and is slang for สตางค์, though it could be another spelling error. If the spelling of the original post is correct then perhaps it is saying "I can not make money" . However as for "no one will get it", I asked three Thais at the university today and they all agreed it probably means ตั้งใจ. One reason they indicate is that ไม่ไดตัง is improper Thai. But the answer is all in the context.

I am with you on this one ... but face it, it doesn't mean anything the way it was written. My partner went with "sorry, didn't mean to confuse you". This fits with the OP hitting on a girl that may or may not have been leading him on a bit :o

She phoned me today, I tried to explain the confusion in her written text but she didn't have a clue what I meant.

Still no idea what it says...

Ha ha, hitting on her, not me, I would say it's the other way around. :o:D

Well if she doesn't know, what chance for us? Would the poster think that it is about money?

Does ไม่ได้ตั้งใจ mean I can not make a commitment?

No, ตั้งใจ is used to express if something was intentional or not. ตั้ง is to place something somewhere so that it stands up/is in balance/in order (by extension, for this expression perhaps one could think of it as 'in focus with a clear goal').

You can think of it as 'set one's heart/mind to do something'. If you did not 'set your heart/mind' to do it, then whatever happened was 'unintentional' or 'not your intention', which Thais express as ไม่ได้ตั้งใจ.

Does ไม่ได้ตั้งใจ mean I can not make a commitment?

No, ตั้งใจ is used to express if something was intentional or not. ตั้ง is to place something somewhere so that it stands up/is in balance/in order (by extension, for this expression perhaps one could think of it as 'in focus with a clear goal').

You can think of it as 'set one's heart/mind to do something'. If you did not 'set your heart/mind' to do it, then whatever happened was 'unintentional' or 'not your intention', which Thais express as ไม่ได้ตั้งใจ.

Yes, I am interested just trying to make it fit the circumstances, actually I am creating the circumstances. Pointless; but good to look up a few words. The definition is interesting ตั้งใจ ก. เอาใจจดใจจ่อ. for ใจจดใจจ่อ ว. มุ่งอยู่,เป็นห่วงอยู่ the first definition is ok 'intend' but the second means ก. ผูกพัน,กังวลถึง

I wonder why it doesn't just say, มั่นหมาย มุ่งมั่น or something similar and be done with it.

If you type ตังงง on google it's always about money and never about "intending" something. I think there can be little misunderstanding. Thai people seem too like to add งงงง after this word. When they pronounce it they use a short vowel and they very clearly pronounce the letter "ง" (especially when they talk about a lot of money, too little money, or missing money). That's probably why they write many ง's.

Edited by kriswillems

If you type ตังงง on google it's always about money and never about "intending" something. I think there can be little misunderstanding. Thai people seem too like to add งงงง after this word. When they pronounce it they use a short vowel and they very clearly pronounce the letter "ง" (especially when they talk about a lot of money, too little money, or missing money). That's probably why they write many ง's.

on google?

ฉันขอโทษฉันไม่ได้ตังงงงงง

What does this say?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, I haven't got the money. ?

Think but not sure.

So I expect jdinasia will be right on to me :o

My girlfriend has been trying to explain to me but her English and my Thai are not so good.

But from what I can gather it's what's not said -

so there,

couldn't care less,

tough luck.

slang for sure.