Etihad Airways Limo Service

tonykawakawa

Yes I used it last December.

I did have a bit of trouble finding the girl holding the card outside arrivals and I am sure she wasn't there when I first went passed that point or even the second time.

But after I found her, she phoned the driver and we met the car outside, nice car very comfortable and a free bottle of water in the armrest, the driver took the highway and paid all the fares and he dropped me on Sukumvit by my hotel no problem.

No need to call as it's arranged when you make your flight reservation and then reconfirmed when you check in at your departure point. The crew, and I work for Etihad are given a list of passengers who have limo upon arrival and again reconfirm to the passenger on board at your arrival destination. If you are on a two leg flight, it we be reconfirmed again, if you check in at the lounge in AUH. Though the limo is complimentary for Pearl/Diamond class many passengers don't avail of the free service.

From Etihad's website:

Etihad Chauffeur, our premium limousine service, creates a unique door-to-door experience for our Diamond First and Pearl Business Guests and a luxury coach service for our Coral Economy Guests.

With a fleet of luxury cars, we now offer the same level of service and comfort on the road that you are used to on our aircraft. Enjoy the comfort of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 7 series or similar and relax on the journey with mineral water and the day's newspapers, available in the chauffeur.

Our Premium Guests can currently enjoy this courtesy service in the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Thailand, Germany, France, Switzerland, Ireland, Russia, China and Australia, soon to be extended to other destinations of our growing network.

Country To-From Airport *Distance

UAE Abu Dhabi International Airport anywhere in the Emirates.

UK London Heathrow Airport

Manchester Airport Pearl Business Guests: up to 100 miles driven distance

Diamond First Guests: unlimited mileage

USA New York JFK Airport up to 70 miles driven distance to and from the airport (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut)

Thailand Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Intl Airport up to 60kms driven distance to and from the airport

Ireland Dublin Airport up to 50kms driven distance to and from the airport.

Germany Frankfurt & Munich Airports up to 50kms driven distance to and from the airport.

Canada Toronto Lester B. Pearson Airport up to 50kms driven distance to and from the airport.

Australia Sydney Airport

Brisbane Airport up to 50kms driven distance to and from the airport.

up to 90kms driven distance to and from the airport.

France Charles De Gaulle Intl Airport up to 100kms driven distance to and from the airport.

Switzerland Geneva Airport up to 60kms driven distance to and from the airport

Russia Domodedevo International Airport within Moscow Ring Road (MKAD) to and from the airport

China Beijing International Airport up to 50kms driven distance to and from the airport

Singapore Changi International Airport within Singapore City and Sentosa Island to and from Changi International Airport.

Discreet and safe

Not everyone wants attention drawn to them, which is why our chauffeur service uses unbranded vehicles. We only use reputable chauffeur companies for reliability and quality, and continually assess their service through Guest feedback. Bookings

To take advantage of this special benefit offered to our Diamond First and Pearl Business Guests, please contact your local travel agent or Etihad office and book your chauffeur service at least 48 hours before your journey.

*Extra mileage can be made and the difference will be charged at the local rate and paid directly to the driver. All mileages are calculated from the airport to the final destination.

arrow_top_red.gif Top

the-grey-line.jpg

Terms and conditions:

• Etihad Chauffeur is only available to guests holding tickets with confirmed reservations in Diamond First and Pearl Business zones. The service is not available to guests who are waitlisted or those collecting tickets on departure.

• Etihad Chauffeur is available to Etihad Guest Gold members enrolled with the Etihad Guest Program traveling on confirmed tickets on Diamond First, Pearl Business zones.

• Etihad Chauffeur is available to Etihad Guest Members redeeming their miles on Diamond First and Pearl Business zones

• Guests with other airline tickets (OAL) can avail of Etihad Chauffeur service only if their tickets are endorsed to Etihad.

• Code Share flights:

a. Guests traveling in First and Business class of all Etihad marketed flights (with EY flight number) are eligible for the Etihad Chauffeur service.

b. Guests traveling on First and Business class marketed by other airline (with OAL flight numbers) are not eligible for the Etihad Chauffeur service.

• Etihad Chauffeur is not available to un-accompanied minors unless accompanied by a parent or guardian in the car.

• Etihad Chauffeur service must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of travel. Service will not be confirmed for bookings made within 48 hours.

• Etihad Chauffeur operates within specific distances at all destinations where offered. If service requested exceeds the specified mileage limits in any given city, guests are required to pay for the excess mileage at the locally applicable rates. All charges for excess mileage should be settled by guests directly with the chauffeur.

• If a guest fails to cancel an Etihad Chauffeur booking and the limo arrives at the appointed time and place only to be sent away, the service cannot be rebooked in conjunction with the same ticket.

• Etihad Chauffeur services are provided by third party service providers. Etihad has no liability for loss, personal injury, or death incurred during the use of such facilities and services unless such loss, personal injury or death is / are caused solely by Etihad negligence.

• Some special fare tickets may have restrictions on availing the Etihad Chauffeur service. Please check with your travel agent or with Etihad Airways office at the time of your booking.

• Etihad Chauffeur is not available for complimentary tickets or complimentary upgrades from Coral Economy to Pearl Business and/or Diamond First zones.

• Guests must adhere to pick-up times advised to them. Pick-up time is neither flexible nor negotiable. Drivers will wait for a maximum of 20 minutes, after which the driver will advise guest and promptly be released for the next assignment.

Edited by tartempion

Thanks for that.

I plan to use that service late april to go to Swampy, guess I will need to call Bangkok Etihad reservation to arrange pick-up.

Will post experience then.

Phone 48Hrs before your departure, They will also ask you a few security questions, flight, credit card & passport numbers etc.

similar and relax on the journey with mineral water and the day's newspapers, available in the chauffeur.

Thats what I call inside knowledge

To be fair they are v good unlimited mileage in UK is v good value if you are going long haul

I am a Frequent Flier with Etihad and their service has always been excellent in regards to the subject of limo service.

As mentioned on another thread, but worth highlighting again here for the unaware .............. Etihad also operate a Fast Track service for Pearl & Diamond Class passengers here in Bangkok. Checking in at BKK, one is given the fast track card at the check in counter and coming in from AUH (Abu Dhabi), you receive your card either on the aircraft or as you disembark in BKK itself.

This is a major plus, as one by-passes all the crowds at immigration.

Just for our Etihad friends who have taken the time to comment on this thread ......... my office has been located in Dubai since 1986 and for the past 15 years I was a staunch supporter of EK (Emirates), I usually fly once or twice a month between BKK and UAE. EK were once excellent, but Etihad surpasses them now in most areas, especially in passenger care, which is the all important primary item to a Frequent Flier.

Keep up the good work .......... RayBan :o

I am a Frequent Flier with Etihad and their service has always been excellent in regards to the subject of limo service.

As mentioned on another thread, but worth highlighting again here for the unaware .............. Etihad also operate a Fast Track service for Pearl & Diamond Class passengers here in Bangkok. Checking in at BKK, one is given the fast track card at the check in counter and coming in from AUH (Abu Dhabi), you receive your card either on the aircraft or as you disembark in BKK itself.

This is a major plus, as one by-passes all the crowds at immigration.

Just for our Etihad friends who have taken the time to comment on this thread ......... my office has been located in Dubai since 1986 and for the past 15 years I was a staunch supporter of EK (Emirates), I usually fly once or twice a month between BKK and UAE. EK were once excellent, but Etihad surpasses them now in most areas, especially in passenger care, which is the all important primary item to a Frequent Flier.

Keep up the good work .......... RayBan :o

Thanks very much! We are of course smaller than Emirates but having worked for another middle eastern carrier before I can say from an inside view that our training and philosophy towards passengers is much different. We really strive to be the next Singapore Airlines. It won't happen overnight, and some of the problems we face are that we have a lot of new crew which sometimes makes the service erratic and inconsistent, though we always have senior crew in Pearl and Diamond class. We also now have a new position on each aircraft called the Onboard Food and Beverage Manager, which are not cabin crew that have been promoted but hired directly from 5 star hotels. They work through out all 3 cabins during the flight to make sure passengers are happy and all is consistent and work directly with crew such as myself (Cabin Manager/Purser).

PM me the next time you are flying Ray Ban!

I think Etihad is already providing better service than Singapore Airlines.I think that other than there "'premium"' routes the service has gone right down hill.

EPG.

Can you explain? I'm guessing you mean our premium routes being Europe/USAAsia/Australia. What routes have gone down hill...because we generally work all routes. Do you mean when we use smaller aircraft to destinations in the middle east?

I fly regular from BKK to Singapore and the planes are old,more often than not the entertainment system doesn't work.The planes are boarded very early then sit waiting for passengers.Its just a totally different experience to flying long haul on your "'premium"' routes,i.e US / Australia / UK.

EPG.

What is the "Fast Track Service"?

No need to call as it's arranged when you make your flight reservation and then reconfirmed when you check in at your departure point. The crew, and I work for Etihad are given a list of passengers who have limo upon arrival and again reconfirm to the passenger on board at your arrival destination. If you are on a two leg flight, it we be reconfirmed again, if you check in at the lounge in AUH. Though the limo is complimentary for Pearl/Diamond class many passengers don't avail of the free service.

Is this true? I thought you had to call to arrage service.

I fly regular from BKK to Singapore and the planes are old,more often than not the entertainment system doesn't work.The planes are boarded very early then sit waiting for passengers.Its just a totally different experience to flying long haul on your "'premium"' routes,i.e US / Australia / UK.

EPG.

Are you sure you have the right airline? I don't recall that we fly from Bangkok to Singapore or vice versa. We do fly to both of these cities but not from between them.

What is the "Fast Track Service"?

Have you flown business or first from BKK before? This is a service that allows first/business class passengers to quick go through immigration without waiting in the queues on both coming and going through BKK.

Is this true? I thought you had to call to arrage service.

Just a reminder. Limo service is only for business class (Pearl) and first class (Diamond). When you make your flight arrangements it will be taken care of then, but if you have not make the booking then a number will be given to you for you to call. After that then both ground crew at airports and flight crew in the air are aware of your limo. We are given a passenger manifest with any requests, problems, services, your airline status, if your a VIP, or what have you before take off on each segment of the flight.

EPG.

Are you sure you have the right airline? I don't recall that we fly from Bangkok to Singapore or vice versa. We do fly to both of these cities but not from between them.

He meant Singapore Airlines quality went down on BKK-SIN route

BTW, I booked Etihad business class ticket on EY's website, no trace of an arrangement for a limo there.

Cfr the post I made on this subject earlier in this thread, I will call BKK reservations a few days before my flight out of here.

Edited by tartempion

Just a reminder. Limo service is only for business class (Pearl) and first class (Diamond). When you make your flight arrangements it will be taken care of then, but if you have not make the booking then a number will be given to you for you to call. After that then both ground crew at airports and flight crew in the air are aware of your limo. We are given a passenger manifest with any requests, problems, services, your airline status, if your a VIP, or what have you before take off on each segment of the flight.

As the original poster, I am aware that this service is only for business and first class.

But as far as my question reguarding "Fast Track" or having the limo arranged at time of booking the flight is not true. and as far as "then a number will be given to you for you to call." is not true either.

Maybe there is a difference in how this service is supposed to work, and how it actually works.

Either way, I'll post my results later.

Fast track

When I left Bkk in January I was given a fast track card at check in and when I went through immigration there was a designated line for fast track card holders so I was in departures in a matter of seconds.

But then it does depend how many other business class ticket holders are passing through the same time as you.

• 3 months later...

Well, I am finally ready to post my experience with Etihad Airways Limo Service at Bangkok.

I was really impressed with the flight from Abu Dhabi, as the service was wonderful.

Upon arrival, I was handed the usually immigration form along with a fast track form.

I proceeded to the imigration counters and was shocked by how long the lines were.

Idid a quick scan of the area to try and locate the fast track lanes, but since i didn't find it, I then just got in line with everyone else.

Of course, I picked the slowest line there was. :)

After completing the immigration formalities, I then was sent to try to find my luggage.

Since it wasn't off the plane yet, I then went in search of a luggage cart, which they were in short supply that day.

While I was searching for the luggae cart, I found the currency exchange, and since there was no line, I exchanged some funds before searching again for the cart.

Still without a lugage cart, I procded back to the luggage area to find an Etihad rep standing there with my luggage.

They said they were concerned that I might have gotten lost, :D , and then assisted me with locating a cart, accompanied me through customs, and out to my waiting mercedes benz.

The ride to the hotel was pleasant, and when i was ready to depart BKK, (27 days later) the driver was at the hotel at the proper time.

So overall, I would recomend Etihad Airways and the Limo service as a nice alternative to the taxi's.

In the UK we get the Airport Limo Service within a 100 mile radius. I live +/- 90 miles from the airport and not on a convenient link so this service is excellent, instead of a taxi which could cost more than £100 I get an S Class Merc, a 7 Series BMW or the New Jag.

I've used Etihad the last 5 times over the last 2 years and can't fault them.

I've not used the Service in Bangkok, but I imagine it to be very similar - E Class Mercedes I believe.

This is a great touch to the Etihad Service and makes them highly competitive, add this to the 180 degree flat beds and very competitive pricing and choosing Etihad to fly with is somewhat of a no-brainer for me.

The only downside is the change over in Abu Dhabi - usually 2-2.5 hrs, but as there are no direct flights from Bangkok to my nearest city with an airport then changing planes somewhere is inevitable.

• 1 month later...

Sent: 15 July 2009 16:52

Thank you for writing to us.As a business class guest you are entitled of limo service , this service is available in Bangkok but not yet ready in Dublin .For booking this service ,you contact our sales office in Bangkok on 662253 0088 and+662253 0099 and our colleagues there shall assist you with pleasure.

We hope to welcome you on Etihad and look forward to serving you onboard in the very near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Guest Affairs Department

---------------------------------------------------

->I will let you know how it goes.