Another Tourist Visa?

Hello,

I already have one of these:

3 month validity, single entry tourist visa: pre-obtained at a Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate and will result in the holder obtaining a 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp upon entry. If required, this type of visa may be extended by 30 days at an immigration office, but after that time the holder must leave the country. After one entry, the visa is “used”.

It is up soon and was wondering what the rules are on me going out of the country and trying to get another? Or must it be a border run....?

Thanks.

It depends on how much longer you want to stay.

I assume you have already done the 30-day extension, which you can get from any immigration office, which brings you to a total of 90 days in Thailand. If you want to stay up to 15 days longer, just do a border run, ie out of Thailand, enter other country, back to Thailand, without getting a visa for Thailand. If you want to stay up to 90 days longer, go to a Thai consulate in the region and get a new single-entry tourist visa. the consulates in Vientiane and Phnom Penh currently even give double-entry tourist visas.

--

Maestro

I assume you have already done the 30-day extension, which you can get from any immigration office, which brings you to a total of 90 days in Thailand. If you want to stay up to 15 days longer, just do a border run, ie out of Thailand, enter other country, back to Thailand, without getting a visa for Thailand. If you want to stay up to 90 days longer, go to a Thai consulate in the region and get a new single-entry tourist visa. the consulates in Vientiane and Phnom Penh currently even give double-entry tourist visas.

--

Maestro

really..I can get another 60/90 dy tourist Visa if I go yo Laos? thanks for that...

--

Maestro

really..I can get another 60/90 dy tourist Visa if I go yo Laos? thanks for that...

You can get a double entry giving you almost 6 months if you want.

Careful about Vientiane. I understand the Thai consulate is in a different building at a different address from where the Thai embassy is. Tell the cabbie to bring you to the Thai embassy and you will find yourself in the wrong part of town for a visa.

--

Maestro