Real Estate Tax Reduction

The transfer fee and mortgage fee reduction were extended for another 12 months to March 2010.

This was approved by Cabinet during the last days of the Wongsawat Government in December 2008, but the extension did not receive wide coverage in the press as it seemed to have been over-shadowed by other news at the time.

(I read about it on the Real Estate Information Center website under the Real Estate News tab during December 2008)

The transfer fee and mortgage fee reduction were extended for another 12 months to March 2010.

This was approved by Cabinet during the last days of the Wongsawat Government in December 2008, but the extension did not receive wide coverage in the press as it seemed to have been over-shadowed by other news at the time.

(I read about it on the Real Estate Information Center website under the Real Estate News tab during December 2008)

Thanks Mark, that means I can slow down purchase process while watching exchange rate for US dollar. If baht continues to slide against the dollar its saves money.

Does anyone know if this reduction in transfer fees has been extended to March 2010, in another post it said they had but I can't find an official source for that information anywhere

Its only an article but you can read where it was extended another year. Go to be below address and then click on "builders urge tax breaks".

http://www.reic.or.th/home_eng/news/news_i...p;t=36&p=28

Read below thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Tax-Reductio...sf-t220674.html

• 2 months later...

We just transfered a condo on Monday...and we had to pay 3%...they told us the extension had been passed until 2010...but they had not been notified by the government...Were they lying to me? Can I get a refund...once they get the letter?