Pattaya Circus

PattayaParent

My wife and kid went there with a group of friends last night. They said it was very good value for money but thought it was sad that there were very few spectators. It is my understanding this was their last performance in Pattaya this year so you probably missed it.

My wife and kid went there with a group of friends last night. They said it was very good value for money but thought it was sad that there were very few spectators. It is my understanding this was their last performance in Pattaya this year so you probably missed it.

I hope not as I've got some tickets for it for next Saturday!!

They told me that they have a lease there for 1 year.

It's just in front of Pattaya Park on Soi 4 Khao Pratumnak. Went there already and it was a good show. All Russian performers and well worth a visit. I was told they had a 3 year lease on the land so would doubt they are moving on soon. The tent it self is very impressive. Full A/c and decent seating....

We were told it was last night Sunday but perhaps it was just the promotion (300 adults; 100 kids) that was finishing.

Could be as the tickets are now 350 adults and 200 children.

Sound like Thai economics though, business is slow so we'll raise prices.

But as someone else said it's not very well advertised, I only knew about it 'cos I saw the tent from my window and went to look see.

Show times are 19:00 daily.

I saw some advertising hoardings along Theppraya Road, just outside the new Nova Hotel there. It'll have a'phone number on to call.

Or just rock up outside 10 minutes before showtime and get your tickets. They're not that busy, only about 80 people Saturday night in a tent that would hold 800 I'd guess.

Odd mix of folk too. I thought there'd be a lot of kids but most customers seemed to be Farang couples or Thai couples, only about 4 or 5 families there.

They had a flyer in the Bangkok Post of a few days back.

Info was:

Promotion Period - 26/02 to 26/03

Cost: Adult - 350bt / Child - 200bt

Phone: 038-723400 + 038-267077

Daily show at 19.00

Pictures on the flyer indicate only acrobats, clowns etc but no animals.

They had a flyer in the Bangkok Post of a few days back.

Info was:

Promotion Period - 26/02 to 26/03

Cost: Adult - 350bt / Child - 200bt

Phone: 038-723400 + 038-267077

Daily show at 19.00

Pictures on the flyer indicate only acrobats, clowns etc but no animals.

I took my wife and son to the Circus Wednesday night.  Prices are as stated above and yes, only acrobats and clowns, no animals.  Also, the show did not last for 3 hours as someone else had mentioned.  The show we attended lasted for only 2 hours including the 15-20 minute break.  Also, if you are driving, you really can't enter via Soi 6 so you either need to enter via Soi 7 or the Soi that runs directly into Pattaya Park.  Enter through the Pattaya Park where you receive a pass from the guard then turn right to park either in the Pattaya Park parking area or continue to the Circus tent and park just outside the Circus tent entrance.

Overall, not a bad show, beautiful Russian ladies, however in my opinion, a circus is not a true circus without live animals from my past experience.  Still makes for something to do after a nice meal and before the Pattaya night life really gets wound up.

Went to the circus tonight and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I recommend it.

Almost 3 hours long including a 20 minute break and good value for money.

Went there last night with the kids, only lasted 1 hour, no break only 30 people there and a bit dissapointed, some of the acts very good, 3 or 4 from the brochure were missing in the show and 2 acts were almost the same. The kids enjoyed it but wanted more, must say can agree with that.

Not that concerned about the price but disapoined that they only played for an hour and if i had gone the other night, as someone else did, then I would have enjoyed a longer time.