Drinks On Board!

BygonKeaw

Ok im going to the blighty (UK) in a feW hours time.

Im just curious to knoW..........At the airport you can buy drinks that they put into a bag and seal, therefore alloWing you to take them onboard the aircraft..im sure i did this last time??

AnyWay the reason i ask is im travelling With a 3 year old and prefer to buy cartons of milk rather than use bottles.

Thanks in advance.

Yup ^^^ anything you buy in Duty Free will be sealed in a bag by the shop along with the receipt, it will be allowed on board no problem.

DO NOT OPEN THE BAG otherwise the liquid check people will drink your Duty Free :o

ALSO if you are transiting through another airport on the way to the UK (ie not on a non-stop flight) do NOT buy in Bangkok. A worrying number of airports are not honouring the sealed bags from other airports and relieving passengers of their booze during the transit process. Singapore, Vienna and Amsterdam have apparently been doing this :D

EDIT Just noticed that you're talking about milk. Not sure if

a. You can get milk in the duty free area (never drink the stuff)

b. If you can get milk whether the shops have the facility for sealing :D

Traveling with a youngster you're likely to have fewer problems with milk etc. even if somewhat over the limits.

Edited by Crossy

Yup ^^^ anything you buy in Duty Free will be sealed in a bag by the shop along with the receipt, it will be allowed on board no problem.

DO NOT OPEN THE BAG otherwise the liquid check people will drink your Duty Free :o

ALSO if you are transiting through another airport on the way to the UK (ie not on a non-stop flight) do NOT buy in Bangkok. A worrying number of airports are not honouring the sealed bags from other airports and relieving passengers of their booze during the transit process. Singapore, Vienna and Amsterdam have apparently been doing this :D

EDIT Just noticed that you're talking about milk. Not sure if

a. You can get milk in the duty free area (never drink the stuff)

b. If you can get milk whether the shops have the facility for sealing :D

Traveling with a youngster you're likely to have fewer problems with milk etc. even if somewhat over the limits.

First, check with your airline. But you should be ok if you keep the size of the bottle down. Not sure of the UK airport status, but better make sure your young one drinks it all before you land as you wouldn't want to cause an international incident.

Ok im going to the blighty (UK) in a feW hours time.

Im just curious to knoW..........At the airport you can buy drinks that they put into a bag and seal, therefore alloWing you to take them onboard the aircraft..im sure i did this last time??

AnyWay the reason i ask is im travelling With a 3 year old and prefer to buy cartons of milk rather than use bottles.

Thanks in advance.

I think you have an issue with the W-key...or sloppy pinky that presses shift as soon as W is pressed.

Ok update not that is matters,

They dont sell milk in the Whole airport in bkk, Its ok as i gave her a feW sips of Whiskey to make her sleep until i got to colombo and bought her some milk from a decent airport. lucky i didnt splash out on a direct flight or it could of been hel_l.

TAWP.....The issue With the W is i spilt chang on my laptop keypad so the W doesnt Work. I copy and paste it, yes its annoying.

NoW stop being a wanke_r. lol

• 4 months later...