Aaahhh! Low Season Weather Has Come Early!

simon43

I always thought the "flying ants" were termites "mangmaows".

Yes, my bad. I call them "flying ants" because that's the nearest thing I had seen in the UK - before I came to Thailand - that looked like them . Also, I had thought that termites were really small, so when I talk about these giant flying things, I call them flying ants merely to aid communication.

But there's always some clever buggers knowledgeable fellows who actually know that they are termites. :D

These juicy tidbits:

gallery_35489_957_102227.jpg

(not the jin-joks, but what they're eating :o)

Yep it's great when it rains.. anything that pis*es off the tourists is fine by me.. Roll on low season :o

Certainly brought out the snails and slugs last night

I got ten snails and two large slugs on the terrace

Makes good soup!

Never tried Terrace soup before, what it like?

What do you do with the snails and slugs? :D

• 4 weeks later...

There are actually three seasons here; rainy season, cool and dry season and hot and dry season.

It is now changing from cool and dry to hot and dry season.

Koh Chang certainly hasn't had a 'hot and dry' season this year. March was hot as hel_l and it rained ~80% of the month, and not just light, intermittant showers either. The old locals here reckon this month will be just a bit drier than March--which is not the norm. Crazy.....

I welcome the rain, but don't relish the gusts that come along with these evening t-storms. I lost half of a huge mango tree in the storm last night. I had heard the noise, but didn't actually see the better part of the tree on the ground in the garden till morning. It will take a chain saw to divide it into manageable pieces in order to cart it away.

umm, sorry but I hate the rain. I was stranded in Rawai last night when the rear tire went flat. My friend had to push the bike 2 kms until we found a repair shop open. We got caught in the downpour and drove back in the rain as well. The lightening was something.