Should Mobile Megaphone Vending Be Banned?

Guest Bellini

Banning mobile megaphone vending?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Bellini

<snip>

Since Also I have never created a poll I thought I would try it now, take note of every step and if it works tell MRaina how I did it. But instead of making this poll with the question MRaina meant to ask I am asking another question:

Do you you actually want a poll about banning mobile phone vending?

So now I am going to work on the poll side of this post. If I manage it, you will see my poll and I will appreciate your giving your votes. If I fail I will ask a moderator to delete this topic.

Incidentally, this is not about the sale of mobile megaphones, but about mobile vendors using megaphones to advertise their products.

So this is the poll of polls but there's no third option for "who cares?" or similar.

As for the ban on megaphone vending how is this going to work? Nobody takes any notice of rules and regulations in Thailand anyway. What if a bunch of immigrants in the UK started a movement to ban ice cream van tunes?

People have to make a living and whilst the megaphone assault is a little irritating it's no big deal as long as the truck doesn't park right outside your house for extended periods.

This was the original question:

Should mobile megaphone vending be banned?

These are the vehicles around the city that are outfitted with the goods and the drivers on megaphones, advertising their goods. It is often fruit and vegetables and other small goods that they are selling. They advertise their goods on megaphone through many of the neighborhoods around Bangkok. People who buy from them must stop the vehicle and often disrupts traffic flow.

Yes to ban, some reasons: they are noisy and disruptive. they also disrupt traffic flow when they stop for people to buy. can be dangerous.

No to ban, some reasons: some people find it convenient. it's an old style of vending, like ice cream trucks.

If this type of selling were banned, the vendors would be designated to sell in stationary locations, like typical vendors, rather than being on the roads.

What do you think? Do you support this type of vending, or would prefer they sell in a safer and more modern manner?

Guest Bellini

I don't mind that my poll about whether to have a poll was changed to make it the poll that MRaina originally wanted. So keep voting, folks, on whether the administration of Bangkok Metropolis should issue a ban to protect MRaina's tympana from the sonic oscillations emanating from vendors' magaphones.

I hate them vendors if i had a gun on a sunday at 7am well ok i wouldn't but i have thrown heaps of sh1t at the inconsiderate twots especially the ones on the khlong the noise just drives me crazy goes right through me gonna buy a gun.

I voted no...........

I hate them vendors if i had a gun on a sunday at 7am well ok i wouldn't but i have thrown heaps of sh1t at the inconsiderate twots especially the ones on the khlong the noise just drives me crazy goes right through me gonna buy a gun.

I voted no...........

I agree with the well thought out response of bangkokboro, except that... I voted "yes :o "

I don't mind the guys with the fruit and veg vans they are fairly low key, or at least the ones I've heard.

I get a little p1ssed off with the pairs of pickups driving s-l-o-w-l-y around town blaring out their stuff usually about some movie or concert or new shopping mall.

Would I ban them? No, a minor irritant but nothing to really get wound up about. I guess they do cause a bit of road congestion but then most city roads in Thailand are congested anyway.