Gas Burner Info

tommytouch

Does anyone have any experience using those small, single ring, tabletop gas stoves that you see in Lotus, Carrfour, Big C, Homepro etc? The type that you screw in a small, spraypaint sized (about 1000ml / cl) gas cannister. If so, aprox how much cooking time can you expect to get from each can?

Thanks for any information

Does anyone have any experience using those small, single ring, tabletop gas stoves that you see in Lotus, Carrfour, Big C, Homepro etc? The type that you screw in a small, spraypaint sized (about 1000ml / cl) gas cannister. If so, aprox how much cooking time can you expect to get from each can?

I have one of these gas stoves you talk about and a gas bbq outside. To fill up the 10kg tank inside, it costs me 180 baht and it lasts an eternity. I used the bbq outside more and the 7kg tank costs 140 baht and it too lasts very long. Nicest thing is just a quick call whenever I need and they come and swamp the empty ones for new ones...usually within 15 mins of my call.

The small tanks you refer< i don't honestly know but if you got the space, go for the bigger variety I mention.

I've been using mine every day for the most meals almoust 1 year now, and I use 2-3 a week.

Also use one back in Sweden when I'm home, and same there, I cook a lot!!!!! and about the same amount of cans.

I had one in Bangkok when I was holed up in a hotel. I cant tell you exactly how long they last but not very long I used to buy them in packs of 4,every mth, if I remember correctly.Then again I was coking very little. My advice would be to get a bigger cylinder if you have the room and are pemitted to use. Refills as other posters have indicated are so cheap. My large container lasts at least a year and we cook nearly every day and night

I have a small room with a balcony. I have seen Thais using the small gas canisters (5 to 7 kgs ?) with a grill like top to place a pot on. They cost about 1200 baht. You buy them at any local store selling and refilling the varies sized gas canisters. They look like they would be perfect for wok cooking which I would do on my balcony.

Anyone use them? Using a little common sense, are they safe and reliable to use?

Edited by vagabond48

I have a small room with a balcony. I have seen Thais using the small gas canisters (5 to 7 kgs ?) with a grill like top to place a pot on. They cost about 1200 baht. You buy them at any local store selling and refilling the varies sized gas canisters. They look like they would be perfect for wok cooking which I would do on my balcony.

Anyone use them? Using a little common sense, are they safe and reliable to use?

My gf uses one and cooks superb food on it, has the rice cooker for ordinary rice.

Are they safe? well they are easy to tip over so I recommend sobriety when using them!!

And like any gas bottle, check if it feels heavy BEFORE you start cooking, nothing worse (in a culinary sense) than running out of gas half way through food preparation

Are they safe? well they are easy to tip over so I recommend sobriety when using them!!

Thanks. "sobriety" is my middle name but I can be a little absentminded and go down and chat with a lovely neighbor for several hours, forgetting that I have something cooking. Oops. :o