Best Hotel Options In Sub 1.5k / 2k Category

torrenova

I'm popping over to Phuket for a few days which could run into a week or so and I need somewhere to stay. I haven't been for a few years and my experiences outside the 4* and 5* places are very limited.

Taxi touts really upset my day so somewhere where I don't have to deal with their mafia practices is ideal. Looking for a few options from cheap and cheerful to something decent. The decision will be a value for money judgement not an absolute price decision.

So please post up your recommendations. Thanks.

I'm popping over to Phuket for a few days which could run into a week or so and I need somewhere to stay. I haven't been for a few years and my experiences outside the 4* and 5* places are very limited.

Taxi touts really upset my day so somewhere where I don't have to deal with their mafia practices is ideal. Looking for a few options from cheap and cheerful to something decent. The decision will be a value for money judgement not an absolute price decision.

So please post up your recommendations. Thanks.

Yes your right...Touts are a real pain...so...

Exit airport front doors look right and follow your nose to the TAXI METER STAND a few yards down.

The system is the same as Bangkok airport.Its Fixed price to get to the main Resort Pa Tong = 400 Baht INCL 50 Baht surcharge.

I do not know what the charges are beyond that...but they are legal and far cheaper than the touts and Tuk Tuk style guys that hang around.

I would suggest you stay along Nanai Road Which is dead central and you can dispense with hiring a bike if you do not venture too far.

I do hire a bike and i stay on the mountain...Guest House at a very good all inclusive monthly rate with WI/fi Internet in my room

15000 per month high season 12500 low season. Divide by 30 to give you the pro-rata rate per day in any event.

I would suggest You use apartment rooms at 69 Nanai Road...BANPAILIN.

A friend of mine has been using one for 3 months...very clen well furnished maid service air co en suite 10k per month + electric.You can also purchase wi/fi vouchers at various rates.

email [email protected]

tel 0 7634 3007

0 7629 6448

Remember whatever you decide...you can haggle on prices here as the credit crunch is starting to kick in here as well as the rest of Thailand.

I hope this helps with your plans...feel free to email a reply if you believe i can assist further.I have been staying here on various trips the past 10 years...so my knowledge is better than most.

I can recommend Pure Mansion Hotel in Phuket Town. Nice rooms with air con and cable TV. 500 THB/night.

I stay there when I go to Phuket with my family.

Very clean rooms, room service, affordable food and very nice staff.

It is considered a Thai hotel, haven't seen any foreigners living there :o

Phone 076 211 709 and 076 220 225-8

Edited by olsen

I can recommend Pure Mansion Hotel in Phuket Town. Nice rooms with air con and cable TV. 500 THB/night.

I stay there when I go to Phuket with my family.

Very clean rooms, room service, affordable food and very nice staff.

It is considered a Thai hotel, haven't seen any foreigners living there :o

Phone 076 211 709 and 076 220 225-8

Looks good for 670 THB...advertised on their website...500 BHT even better

You don't mention which beach you want to stay at, but if you're going to Kata-Karon I'd recommend either the Kata Sun Beach (very clean aircon rooms and very close to the beach, no pool) or Kata Villa (bungalows with common pool). I've had friends stay at both places on many occasions and very pleased with both. I believe both can be booked through agoda.com or similar...

Well, let's all do a bit of self-promotion:)

If you want to completely forget about the taxi touts etc, why not walk the 600 meters from the airport to my hotel, (or take our free, 1 minute shuttle). Then you are only a 5 minute walk to Naiyang Beach, (free shuttle), or you can relax by our pool, use the free wifi, even bring back some tart without having to pay a 'guest' fee.

Blah blah blah - you get the picture :o

PM me

Simon