Limits On E-mail For Ta?

JJDinsay

Hello All, I'm using TA as my service provider and Thunderbird for my e-mail client - I've come across some rather odd behavior. Anytime I compose a message that is over 50 characters, I receive a timeout error when I click send mail. Cut it down to under 50 and it goes through fine. I understand the purpose of anti-spamming features but this is ridiculous - I'm not one to write long e-mails but sometimes I do go over 50. Anyone else getting this? SMTP Server I'm using is classic.asianet.co.th.

thanks,

Hello All, I'm using TA as my service provider and Thunderbird for my e-mail client - I've come across some rather odd behavior.  Anytime I compose a message that is over 50 characters, I receive a timeout error when I click send mail.  Cut it down to under 50 and it goes through fine.  I understand the purpose of anti-spamming features but this is ridiculous - I'm not one to write long e-mails but sometimes I do go over 50.  Anyone else getting this?  SMTP Server I'm using is classic.asianet.co.th.

thanks,

I send multi meg email all the time so it is not True. :o

Are you trying to use a different return (from) address than your asianet account? Believe that may cut you off. Have not used Thunderbird however; and if you have virus protection that also might be a factor to check. I had problems when using AVEST anti-virus with server thinking traffic was a relay as it put an internal IP address on the message and had to go to a server that was not configured to block spam on another ISP.

I don't think it's the e-mail address or any of my servers (well except for Asianet of course). I composed an original e-mail of 50+ words then tried to send it and it came back with a timeout error. I take the same e-mail, cut and paste half the message and once I send it, it goes through nicely. Take the other half which is under 50, send it again and it also goes through correctly. Weird eh?