Tot Adsl - Cant Get Overseas Sites Today

Changian

Knackered here in Buriram from 9pm first log on today and still knackered at 23:42.

Gmail working but links to some sites in Singapore not working. Nothing from UK working.

Maybe someone has chopped the cable again.

And today, I really needed an unavailable site between 9pm and 10pm. Thanks TOT, utter crap.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TOT- Thailand's Offline Technology!! :D:D

:o  And as somebody else said earlier, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one suffering with this crap outfit. Like others, I went offline with overseas sites around 10am yesterday, came back on for an hour or so in the afternoon, then it went TOTs up again, and has been ever since.

For the person who asked about TT&T, I asked two friends here in Patts yesterday, no problems at all, so it does just seem to be TOT  :D

If TT&T came out to the village where I live (and it's only 10 miles out of Patts), I would jump ship immediately and sign up with them, as would all the other farangs who live near me.

Ok we realized that there are troubles. But may we know the reasons?

I called them yesterday and got through after an hour or so. Explaining the situation that SOME sites were ok but others not, the first idiot suggested I re-boot my modem as the problem lay there! :o

On to the next guy who (seemingly a senior manager or the like) was very helpful, apologetic and informed me that TOT are experiencing problems with International links and the technicians were working on it.

But then , we didn't know that did we :D

Bless 'em

The Vulcan, I'm almost done with ringing TOT & the morons at the local office near where I live, well lets just say you wouldnt feed them. What a great load of oxygen theives, liars & fools.....never in my life have I seen so many <deleted> in one office.

If everyone in Thailand that had TOT stopped paying their entire bill & only paid for the days that they had a full working internet access, I am sure TOT would get off their backsides and sort something out.

Personally, Im just gonna run up a motza of a bill and rack off without paying it as my personal protest to the most incompetent company I have ever seen in my 87 years, 3 months, 4 days, 22 hours, 16 minutes and 28, 29, and counting seconds......end of rant!

Same here

I cannot get yahoo.com email, but strangely I can get google.com. Most US sites do not work -- time outs.

are you sure you are getting google.com??? I've been trying since yesterday to get google.com and it automatically

goes to google.co.th

Beachbunny

TOT- Thailand's Offline Technology!! :D:D

:o And as somebody else said earlier, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one suffering with this crap outfit. Like others, I went offline with overseas sites around 10am yesterday, came back on for an hour or so in the afternoon, then it went TOTs up again, and has been ever since.

For the person who asked about TT&T, I asked two friends here in Patts yesterday, no problems at all, so it does just seem to be TOT :D

If TT&T came out to the village where I live (and it's only 10 miles out of Patts), I would jump ship immediately and sign up with them, as would all the other farangs who live near me.

I am sure this has nothing to do with the problem at hand, however just for you information I am with Maxnet and I was on their top "Indy" plan for 2 years which cost 1000 baht a month, and has speeds of 4096/512 and I had nothing but problems the entire 2 years. No one at Maxnet could seem to help me. Just the usual unplug your router then plug it back in. I eventually found out through some website that they limit your bandwith to international sites on this plan, and I had to change to their preimer plan which costs 1090 baht a month but only has speeds of 2048/1024. That seems to have changed reciently because they were not that fast when i changed over. However I have not had a single internet problem since switching to this plan. So if you are having constant problems with your internet I would immagine TOT has something similar where they limit bandwith on certian plans. Might be worth checking out.

So if you are having constant problems with your internet I would immagine TOT has something similar where they limit bandwith on certian plans. Might be worth checking out.

Well judging from my experience in the past as well as present they dont have a clue on how to do this, even if they wanted.

Unfortunately I have no ther choice but TOT at my current Pattaya location. Yesterday the International Part of The Internet was a No-Go Zone, right now some pages are accessable again, several, including my Web Host, are not ..... No access to my business Email since 24 hours .....

Anyone has a hair of their CEO? I am thinking of practicing Voodoo .....

Sunny

Anyone else having this problem with TOT ADSL? Can look at Thaivisa and other sites hosted here, but nothing outside the country. Has someone inadvertently flicked a switch or unplugged something vital at TOT HQ?

My experience is that I can either get onto the Google sites, where all my online resources reside, or the websites outside Thailand which I want to get to for development, but not both at the same time. When one goes down the other comes back up. Hence, I haven't had them both at the same time now for the last 24 hours or so, which is making it rather difficult to achieve anything.

It's definitely something TOT related since everything outside of Thailand is working just fine.

Maybe something to do with address lookup tables or something.

I guess TOT don't provide a Service Level Agreement of any sort do they?!?

It would be nice if they had a website which would keep us informed of what the problem is - no... wait a minute... that wouldn't do because then nobody would phone them to complain and they would lose out on the revenue from all those extra phone calls :o)

Also, there seems to be little point in phoning them to complain because it doesn't achieve anything anyway, unless it's a local line which has been chopped through.

It wouldn't surprise me if they don't even know what they've done wrong themselves.

My experience is that even when everything is working, the link drops out a few times a day, and the throughput which I am paying for is never achieved, not even close, not even in the middle of the night when nobody else is using it.

But hey, this is Thailand, so we should all just give up on expecting to get what we've paid for and relax and expect to receive a poor service, right?!?

My connection has been fine both yesterday and today. No problem with either local or international site connection. :D

You are with TOT, right? :o

Yep, TOT 2MB. Strange that my connection on a very small island 60 km from mainland is fine, but not complaining.

Well, just after my last comment, the Electricity guys came round and switched the power off!

...no warning of course.

So I took the opportunity to route in another ground wire to one of the sockets and put some insulation in one of the rooms.

Had a few ups and downs getting the ADSL back up - wouldn't connect to the internet initially so had to use "check connectivity" check to get it to work, but everything finally seems to be OK now - got access to both Google sites plus the other USA sites.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best, eh?