Need Help! Asap

CanadianBacon

howdy boys( or all girls who would know of this topic;) ), my gf just got a job in some bar called the brick on soi 33, never been thier, but i would like to know what kind of a place this is

( she was never in a bar when i was thier, so i want to know if shes jerkin my chain by saying "shes just a dj" )

i would like to trust her, but im not back long term for a few months and quite frankly ive heard enough horror stories to not always trust a thai person ( as it is almost customary to lie to save face for the other person ), and to know many a man has been fooled by his " honest" gf

anyways, my gut is its more than just a dance bar , but i would very much like this confirmed, any help is appreaciated ( ill buy ya a beer when im back)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks ken! so i guess by legit you mean its just another bar to "see" a girl ? ( albiet artsy and less in your face than the others? ) or are you suggesting she may be telling the truth?!

lol the quote "tons of staff, and even a few waiters " worried me, what do the other staff do :D

thank god its not the fetish bar! :o , its not so much the fact that she works in the bar ( ive seen bar girls before, no hangups thier ), but its more the mind numbingly frustrating lies shes telling...shes finally admitted she "talks to customers" but absolutly denies ever going with them ( <deleted> if you ask me, ive been in enough bars to know the probability of this )...and she said she gets angry when they touch her..

so either shes actually that naieve, or im right.

zap, bang, TO THE MOON!

thanks ken! so i guess by legit you mean its just another bar to "see" a girl ? ( albiet artsy and less in your face than the others? ) or are you suggesting she may be telling the truth?!

lol the quote "tons of staff, and even a few waiters " worried me, what do the other staff do :D

thank god its not the fetish bar! :o , its not so much the fact that she works in the bar ( ive seen bar girls before, no hangups thier ), but its more the mind numbingly frustrating lies shes telling...shes finally admitted she "talks to customers" but absolutly denies ever going with them ( <deleted> if you ask me, ive been in enough bars to know the probability of this )...and she said she gets angry when they touch her..

zap, bang, TO THE MOON!

Well she perhaps told you the truth as far as her working there (albeit, apparently late). And in the end, I think you have already answered your own question (and you are most probably right). If it was me I'd RUN, but you ain't me, so ....."up to you". :D

Good luck.

thank god its not the fetish bar! :D , its not so much the fact that she works in the bar ( ive seen bar girls before, no hangups thier ), but its more the mind numbingly frustrating lies shes telling...shes finally admitted she "talks to customers" but absolutly denies ever going with them ( <deleted> if you ask me, ive been in enough bars to know the probability of this )...and she said she gets angry when they touch her..

zap, bang, TO THE MOON!

you're right buddy, plenty of gals in soi 33, lady drinks bt150 and barfines bt1,200-1,500 :D

most of the gals are ex-soi cowboy and probably have guys like you hanging around :D

does not mean that we cannot squeeze and jump in the sck with them, as they say money talks, bullshit walks :D

au revoir :o

howdy boys( or all girls who would know of this topic;) ), my gf just got a job in some bar called the brick on soi 33, never been thier, but i would like to know what kind of a place this is

( she was never in a bar when i was thier, so i want to know if shes jerkin my chain by saying "shes just a dj" )

i would like to trust her, but im not back long term for a few months and quite frankly ive heard enough horror stories to not always trust a thai person ( as it is almost customary to lie to save face for the other person ), and to know many a man has been fooled by his " honest" gf

anyways, my gut is its more than just a dance bar , but i would very much like this confirmed, any help is appreaciated ( ill buy ya a beer when im back)

Well to really know in your own mind, I think you should have a look see on your next visit - if anything dodgey is going on you'll realize in few minutes.

If you want Bacon i work right on sukhumvit and soi 11 once in a while i get down to soi 33 if you like i can stop in and do a review. Also they do not call soi 33 "ART BARS" because they are "artsy" The area bars are named after famous artists.

Hey Mate,

Save your money, don't hire a P.I. (I used to do this in my former life).

Let's walk this through...and there is no charge.

1) You have a Thai g/f, you are a Westerner not living in Thailand.

2) She gets a new job at a bar and doesn't tell you.

3) She lies about it to cover it up and only spoon feeds you little tidbits of information to make you happy.

End of story, you have your answer. Why even have this conversation? No matter what she is/is not doing, is this the kind of girl you want to pursue? I would say maybe, just maybe, there is a 1 in 100,000 chance that she is not accepting money from customers for some sort of female comfort, even if it is to get barfined to go out on a date for the night without sex. If you don't mind guys renting your girl out for the night--sex/no sex, then have at it.

Do this. Imagine telling this story to your Grandmother. "Grandma, I want to date this girl, but I think she is a prostitute, but I am not sure and I don't want to jump to conclusions, what should I do?"

I couldn't even say that to a family member without feeling like an idiot.

After reading my last paragraph, make that 1 in 10,000,000 chance of her not accepting money in exchange for female comforting.

Sorry, but you can't fight or change the cultural programming these girls go through their entire lives. It is like a hamster trying to date a goldfish, only a once in a great while fluke will work out. And if it does, it is usually a very shallow relationship at best. On the other hand, some guys will go for a shallow relationship as long as they get some 20ish little tart to hang on their arm. Hey, good for them.

Would you be having this discussion if you thought a girl in your home country was a wh*re? Never. It amazes me that the one inch wide by three inch high part of the Thai female anatomy can talk Bill Gates out of a billion dollars.

Sorry, I just hate to see the guys get stabbed in the back so consistantly.

To head off any slagging...no, I have never been burned by a Thai girl so I have no axe to grind.

Theres a lot of good information here, and an offer or two...

if you've degenerated to the point your asking for people to go check her out then i think you already know where this relationship is headed...

Only you can answer your questions, maybe you should sit yourself down and give yourself a good talking to... either way i hope everything works out for you :o

yea i think pretty much everyone is right, i reckon im not going to pursue this any farther...

I only asked on here to make sure my suspicions ( how the ###### do you spell that ) before i ######ed up a potentially good thing, which it was when i was still in los. Turns out its a potentially dangerous ( mabye not dangerous, but incredibly frustrating ) thing. mai pen rai.

thnks for the offer djpat, but as far as i know shes still only an intern at a radio station( part of her uni program ) and only djs small little things, i reckon she lied about dj'ing the club, since she has admitted to "talking with customers"

Thanks for the thoughts boys, ill let ya know how things go

yea i think pretty much everyone is right, i reckon im not going to pursue this any farther...

I only asked on here to make sure my suspicions ( how the ###### do you spell that ) before i ######ed up a potentially good thing, which it was when i was still in los.  Turns out its a potentially dangerous ( mabye not dangerous, but incredibly frustrating ) thing. mai pen rai.

thnks for the offer djpat,  but as far as i know shes still only an intern at a radio station( part of her uni program ) and only djs small little things, i reckon she lied about dj'ing the club, since she has admitted to "talking with customers"

Don't worry cbacon, plenty of fish in the see

I only asked on here to make sure my suspicions ( how the ###### do you spell that ) before i ######ed up a potentially good thing, which it was when i was still in los.  Turns out its a potentially dangerous ( mabye not dangerous, but incredibly frustrating ) thing. mai pen rai.

thnks for the offer djpat,  but as far as i know shes still only an intern at a radio station( part of her uni program ) and only djs small little things, i reckon she lied about dj'ing the club, since she has admitted to "talking with customers"

Really the most insecure, stupid f.ucker i seen on this forum.

He belive you guys! :o

Why not make up you'rw own mind after you come back?

Dont be another sodder!

Really the most insecure, stupid f.ucker i seen on this forum.

He belive you guys! :o

Why not make up you'rw own mind after you come back?

Dont be another sodder!

I'd have to agree I'd at the very least check out the brick and see if its dodgey or not. It doesnt take much effort and if you are coming back to Thailand might as well validate things for yourself.

Edited by britmaveric

Rasher,

I know this bar.

It's ok and they do have a dj.

The bar is fairly new and charges like a wounded buffalo for Lady drinks.

1 oz of coke for 90bt, so I barred myself and retired to the Office bar.

Its small by soi 33 standards(?)

IF she is the DJ, she would normally not be permitted to go with punters until after closing time, but who knows, TiT. :o

What else can I tell you? :D

Edited by udon

I know at least some of the artist bars or DJ based bars a DJ can go with a customer anytime if there is a 2nd DJ there for the night or they have someone else who can cover for her, which is often the case. Same thing as a bar girl applies, pay the bar fine and she is yours.

But all of that is water under the bridge as she was lying to you already, that should be bad enough.

Sorry, you deserve better. As previously written, a ton more to choose from. If she lies now and you allow it by not breaking it off, you have taught her that she can lie more. Now that is a horrible lesson to teach her because it will get worse before better, whether you know about it is another story.

what's her nick name and i check it out for you tonight :o

you'll own be a beer or two on your next trip :D

pm me if you like :D

au revoir

What is the point of discussing if DJ based bars a DJ can go with a customer or not? You can make anywhere such as department stores and restaurants a bar to look for girls to go with anytime if you have money. Isn't it more important focusing at the girl herself?

I now know there are more stupid farangs than I expected. :o

A comment was made about whether a DJ can leave or has to stay until closing, my response was to that. Doesn't mean that particular girl does or doesn't, just that it is possible and was discussed as so. If she tells her b/f that she is not allowed to leave before closing when in fact she can, it may help the gentleman learn if she is lying more or not.

It is all speculation anyway as no one is watching the girl 24 hours a day anyway, but we are at least trying to help the guy understand a difficult situation.

So exactly why is that previous comment made by a "stupid farang" as you said?

A little touchy I see.

but im not back long term for a few months and quite frankly ive heard enough horror stories to not always trust a thai person

you say you will be away from thailand (and your girlfriend ) for a few months.

have you slept with or dated or will you be sleeping with or dating any women during your absence from thailand ?