English Television

kjhbigv

Thaks for some of the replies re watching it on websites and PC etc.

So, is there no way I can watch normal British TV 'live' on a normal television?

No to watching 'live', but yes to watching on a normal TV. The method comes over the web, and as I said in my PM (which you have not as yet replied to), you can be watching programmes within hours of UK airing by simply copying to CD/DVD to watch through a compatible DVD player, just like you would have recorded something back home to view later.

The other advantage is that you can get literally thousands, of old archived TV shows, American as well as British.

• 1 month later...
Thaks for some of the replies re watching it on websites and PC etc.

So, is there no way I can watch normal British TV 'live' on a normal television?

No to watching 'live', but yes to watching on a normal TV. The method comes over the web, and as I said in my PM (which you have not as yet replied to), you can be watching programmes within hours of UK airing by simply copying to CD/DVD to watch through a compatible DVD player, just like you would have recorded something back home to view later.

The other advantage is that you can get literally thousands, of old archived TV shows, American as well as British.

Most DVD players now have a USB socket so you can also copy your programmes on to a USB memory stick and plug that in to your DVD. Then you don't end up with loads of DVD's full of programmes you've already watched, unless you want to keep them of course.

There's also a couple of p2p sites where you can watch some live UK television (ITV, some BBC, all premiership football matches and a few other channels) as long as your internet connection is good enough. The quality's not always brilliant though so, apart from live football, I find it's better just to download from torrent sites. Evening UK television programmes are on in the middle of the night in Thailand anyway.

You could also buy a media center (don't buy the cheap versions as they break within a few months)... I got mine in Korea they sell them in BKK as well I think.... Anyway its just a harddrive with RGB cables, a remote, USB cable.... You download your digital files into the hard drive and its hooked to the TV just like a dvd player with remote and all.

I have a tvix and been happy with it for a couple of years.... Can't wait until the newer TV's come out, They are starting to make them with WIFI /flash drive built in...

http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/

Edited by MyphuketLife