Reilable, fast, stable connection in pattaya

tekset

hello everyone,

I will be in Pattaya for a while and I will need a stable high speed connection so I can work.

My company has a VPN I need to access about 8 - 10 hours daily, and I need at least a stable 128K upstream connection with 180 - 256k downstream.

I have worked on a few dial up connections and my SSH windows always dump, or my VPN connection just dies (net problems), can't complete basic FTPs (file sizes I am sure).

Providers, are there areas in town that have "real" DSL available...  I don't think Sat will work, I send way too much data through for that.

Any ideas, cost isn't a major concern within reason.

!tia!

• 2 weeks later...

Forget about ISDN - it's old hat, history.

TOT offers ADSL in most of Pattaya, most of numbers 42xxxx are covered - this includes more or less the square between Pattaya Nua and Pattaya Tai and Beach Road and ... way out on the other side of Sukhumvit Rd.  Unfortunately they have a load of problems getting it to work. I've had ADSL with them for 4-5 months now and are still disconnected several times hourly when using SSH sessions. I have a direct number to the TOT noc in BKK and they are all very friendly but effectively make no difference to the problem. Excuses include "broken fiber", "broken power supply", "router problem" and others, but I think the problem is probably from the keyboard and up (in their end).

A friend of mine claims TTT works fine but for the moment TTT only offers ADSL in the Pattaya City area, i.e. Beach Rd and Second Rd and sois.

For ADSL in Thailand the choice of ISP makes virtually no difference technically. They all have to use CAT to get out of the country (It's a monopoly, still) so I'd suggest you go with the cheapest, Ji-Net, who offer Unlimited 128/64 for 3,000 B/month. They may offer a faster solution as well, but definitely for more money.

Alternatively concact CAT directly and get a professional leased line - I believe starting prices are about 10,000 B/month for a 64 kbps line (yeah!)