Gun Ranges/shops In Bkk?

LyceeIceCream

I have found a couple posts on this topic but no conclusive answers. I am looking for firstly GUN RANGES in Bkk, preferably in or around Lad Prao area or Thon Buri area w/ guns(rifles, shottys, handguns) available for rent. Secondly, I am looking for GUN SHOPS/STORES with good selections in and around Lad Prao and Thon Buri areas, please post numbers and addresses if possible. Off topic, What is the legallity of bullet proof vest in Thailand(Not intending to buy one just curious). Any and all help is appreciated :o ...peeaaacceee

I have found a couple posts on this topic but no conclusive answers. I am looking for firstly GUN RANGES in Bkk, preferably in or around Lad Prao area or Thon Buri area w/ guns(rifles, shottys, handguns) available for rent. Secondly, I am looking for GUN SHOPS/STORES with good selections in and around Lad Prao and Thon Buri areas, please post numbers and addresses if possible. Off topic, What is the legallity of bullet proof vest in Thailand(Not intending to buy one just curious). Any and all help is appreciated :o ...peeaaacceee

vests .... like guns - only if you're a copper or in some other government/civil service job. Joe public not allowed - but like the gun rule, no one pays much attention - lots of folk have vests, and you'll find them in the car boot of a lot of crooks and mafia type characters.

vests .... like guns - only if you're a copper or in some other government/civil service job. Joe public not allowed - but like the gun rule, no one pays much attention - lots of folk have vests, and you'll find them in the car boot of a lot of crooks and mafia type characters.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

You can go to Thaniya Plaza on the 2nd floor, just walk in from Sala Daeng Skytrain (BTS) Station and walk into the (Gun Shooting) shop on the left.

They can take you to several different ranges in Bkk. They offer Pistol, Rifle, Sub-machine gun, shotgun and skeet, etc., they also offer golf at the Air Force base etc. an excellent way to begin making "friends". It's quite pricey, but you only need to use their service once, and then you will know where to go by yourself. Transportation and drink are included.

Prices for tours and ammo-., pistol - 50 rounds=3000b, rifle - 20 rounds=3,500, MG-30rounds=3000b and shotgun and skeet-25 rounds 3000 baht.

The golf at the Air force base is 1,950 including caddy and green fee....not bad. Don't forget to visit the clubhouse and mingle and make "friends".

In Thailand, ANYONE can wear a bullet proof vest anywhere, anytime. You will look like an idiot, but you can wear one none the less. And, if you feel the need to wear one and you aren't on a strike team, bodyguard of an official, Embassy duty, AND ON DUTY, then you obviousily don't have a clue what the <deleted>** you are doing.

You can go to Thaniya Plaza on the 2nd floor, just walk in from Sala Daeng Skytrain (BTS) Station and walk into the (Gun Shooting) shop on the left.

They can take you to several different ranges in Bkk. They offer Pistol, Rifle, Sub-machine gun, shotgun and skeet, etc., they also offer golf at the Air Force base etc. an excellent way to begin making "friends". It's quite pricey, but you only need to use their service once, and then you will know where to go by yourself. Transportation and drink are included.

Prices for tours and ammo-., pistol - 50 rounds=3000b, rifle - 20 rounds=3,500, MG-30rounds=3000b and shotgun and skeet-25 rounds 3000 baht.

The golf at the Air force base is 1,950 including caddy and green fee....not bad. Don't forget to visit the clubhouse and mingle and make "friends".

In Thailand, ANYONE can wear a bullet proof vest anywhere, anytime. You will look like an idiot, but you can wear one none the less. And, if you feel the need to wear one and you aren't on a strike team, bodyguard of an official, Embassy duty, AND ON DUTY, then you obviousily don't have a clue what the <deleted>** you are doing.

Thanks for the first bit of info, not sure whats crackin with the ending. Kind of hostile. The reason I ask(about the vest) is because I happen to have an a bit of surplus so I am not in need of one, I am simply curious of what the market is like and if it would be at all beneficial to try to unload them when I get back(to Bkk) or let them go here where i am right now. Simply market research but I digress. I will definitely check that place out. Have you heard of another place next to Sanam Pao station on the BTS called...Siam shooting?? Yeah but the one you suggested is a bit pricey so Im under the impression that it is an upscale club??

Reminds me of my time in the West Bank. The vest acted as an ideal target-- a bullet magnet-- for anyone taking a disliking to Westerners. The only person who had one and wore it just stuck it on as a joke when he was at a dinner party with me. The next minute shots start flying in from the front entrance and we all end up dashing out the back (after, of course, we have paid the bill).

Thanks for the first bit of info, not sure whats crackin with the ending. Kind of hostile. The reason I ask(about the vest) is because I happen to have an a bit of surplus so I am not in need of one, I am simply curious of what the market is like and if it would be at all beneficial to try to unload them when I get back(to Bkk) or let them go here where i am right now. Simply market research but I digress. I will definitely check that place out. Have you heard of another place next to Sanam Pao station on the BTS called...Siam shooting?? Yeah but the one you suggested is a bit pricey so Im under the impression that it is an upscale club??

Is this a LVL4+inserts you are offloading?

bizarrely i found myself blasting away at a firing range near lad prao just yesterday. i say bizarrely because i had never even held a gun until that moment.

i was cycling past with a thai friend and we stumbled across this place:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...&iwloc=addr

it is an army barracks (the guards simply waved us in as we rode by) and they have an amazing bb/paint gun market there. there are also huge playing fields. hundreds of people were there decked out in their military paraphernalia running around shooting the crap out of each other. you can buy anything there including vests. (i don't know if they are bullet proof but they were bloody heavy)

they also have a gun range. i had a rambo moment firing a shotgun, a rifle and a handgun. (i am left handed but the instructor insisted i shoot with my right)

i think the weirdest thing for me was seeing the mothers there preening over their kids, some of them lugging guns around. i can only assume they wanted to make sure the safety was on. it was all very strange but i'll be going back again soon.

That's close to my house. Maybe one day one should walk over there and check if the place is up to any standard. With a paintball (possibly airsoft too) field it might be a place for some fun playing too.

Shout out if going there again. :o

• 4 weeks later...